The Partick Thistle thread

17 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Hopefully the new fanbase app goes smoothly with the season ticket sales.

I've used it for some away games with no problems so should be okay.

It’s always worked well for me, so looking forward to it.

Only thing is I assume there’s a contingency plan for fans without smart phones.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Only thing is I assume there’s a contingency plan for fans without smart phones.

The Rovers have been using Fanbase for the last season or two and there's been the option to have a physical card posted out, for a small surcharge. 

Fanbase can be a little finicky sometimes if you're trying to load your tickets in a busy place (ie, at a busy football ground!) but that does seem to have improved since the beginning of the season. It's better than most of the other e-ticketing type solutions I've seen. 

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yeah, I still used the card last season. It was just renewals from whenever I last got one setup.

I wouldn't mind another card if it was a fiver extra or something for admin.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Twice last season I couldn't connect to the Thistle app to access my season ticket while in the queue to go through the turnstile. Luckily I had my plastic card in my wallet.

1 hour ago, ScottyG said:

Twice last season I couldn't connect to the Thistle app to access my season ticket while in the queue to go through the turnstile. Luckily I had my plastic card in my wallet.

It was a static image-all you needed was a screengrab of your ticket from the app (or even a photo of your card)

3 hours ago, Dingleberry said:

Made a compilation for the covid season 🏆

Utter nonsense that we had Tiff and Spittal in the 2nd division. What a team.

28 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It was a static image-all you needed was a screengrab of your ticket from the app (or even a photo of your card)

The one time that happened to me, the app said no member ticket available.

23 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed, glad to see this arrangement made permanent.

I have to admit, I wasn't originally a big fan of the whole "ultras" movement in Scottish football (and it still has its flaws with certain clubs' groups thinking it gives them a reason to act like morons) but at Thistle it's worked really well this past year or so. For all the stick he's taken over the years, Manpreet along with his brother and their mates have done a tremendous job of acting as leaders in it all; creating a dialogue with the club, setting up the section/displays, and keeping some of the more, erm, exuberant young fans in check.

The atmosphere has improved a lot in the Lambie (where it was already pretty decent to begin with), and the stand looks so much better on TV, highlights etc with that section visible to the cameras, rather than everyone crammed up into the back few rows of the stand.

I said something similar during (after) the playoffs. They have done a really good job of setting the tone of the support. It obviously helps that such a core part of our identity was already trying to be more dignified and respectful than the Old Firm, but I'm very glad we've avoided the arseholery which comes hand in hand with similar sections from both larger fanbases like Hibs or smaller ones like Stirling.

The atmosphere has improved so much over the last few years. Can't believe we used to give that stand to Celtic.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

And Graham, Docherty and Penrice. Four of them are in the Premiership now and the other was the Championship's top goalscorer. It was an incredible end to the season, but McCall massively fucked the first half of it.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dingleberry said:

Made a compilation for the covid season 🏆

Doubt we'll ever see a mid season signing as effective as Tiffoney, we we went from scoring less than a goal a game to banging in about 3 per game. Also Zak Rudden turned into peak Batistuta for about 2 weeks but fortunately we played something like 7 games in those two weeks. 

An absolutely mental season in multiple ways. 

edit: Pre-Tiffoney

Spoiler

image.png.aafa10a9d74a8560c0d1df0d0fef2e6f.png

after he signed:

Spoiler

image.png.bbccc51fe785b5d4f768389b2fd497c5.png

Edited by Fuctifano

I know it won’t be as simple as that, but from an outsider, looking in, Tiffoney seemed to turn that season around for you. Mental to think that they were playing as often as they were as well.

It's not far off it tbf. The other part was Steven Bell (signed on loan from EK after the Lowland league was abandoned) coming in at the back at 2-0 down at HT in the East Fife 2-2 game after Sena had a nightmare, and us keeping 6 clean sheets from 7 in the games after that.

Unless the point scoring system changes I doubt we'll see 19 points in 19 days again.

Posted (edited)

Some of the moments from that run in would’ve been carnage if we’d been allowed in the stadium for them. The goal at Airdrie after Kieran Wright’s save, Tiff’s goal at Cove and the entirety of that Falkirk game in particular. The final game at Montrose watching as Falkirk missed out on the playoffs would’ve been very, very funny too - it was at home, but it’s not the same. 

Still mind spending the entire season thinking that Rudden would be lucky to make a career in the juniors before he suddenly became a guy capable of playing in the Premiership just in time.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

17 hours ago, velo army said:

And had the league not been suspended (again), we’d have kept Spittal until the end of the season. 

Posted (edited)

From that article.

Partick Thistle are closing in on a deal to sign former Dundee United winger, Logan Chalmers – and are pushing hard to recruit ex-Dundee star, Shaun Byrne.

Frankie Musonda leaving Ayr too. Could maybe looking at 2/3 of them?

Edited by Claudia Gentile

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

From tha to article.

Francie Musonda leaving Ayr too. Could maybe looking at 2/3 of them?

Musonda is a quality player but can’t stay fit for more than about 5 minutes at a time.

I will be ecstatic with Chalmers and/or Byrne.