The Partick Thistle thread

From what I have seen, it appears that Chalmers is almost a done deal. I’m not sure if the club are maybe waiting on announcing him alongside the away kit being released or something similar. 

When it comes to Byrne, we have offered him a deal. But I have no idea if it is 40% more than whatever Raith have offered him. That does seem quite a significant difference so I am skeptical of that.

From what I understand we are looking at a few guys from the lower leagues down south. Always potential to unearth some unknown talent from down there, but equal potential to sign a flop. 

23 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

From what I have seen, it appears that Chalmers is almost a done deal. I’m not sure if the club are maybe waiting on announcing him alongside the away kit being released or something similar. 

When it comes to Byrne, we have offered him a deal. But I have no idea if it is 40% more than whatever Raith have offered him. That does seem quite a significant difference so I am skeptical of that.

From what I understand we are looking at a few guys from the lower leagues down south. Always potential to unearth some unknown talent from down there, but equal potential to sign a flop. 

Have you heard anything more about being linked to Musonda, Ashcroft or McKinstry?

5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Have you heard anything more about being linked to Musonda, Ashcroft or McKinstry?

McKinstry is the only one of the three that I’ve seen us actually linked with media wise. On that I know as much as you.  

Musonda I have seen or heard nothing about us being linked with him.

9 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

McKinstry is the only one of the three that I’ve seen us actually linked with media wise. On that I know as much as you.  

If we're hopeful of signing Byrne I'm not sure I expect us to sign another centre back. We already have O'Riley, McBeth, Was and Aero. If we sign both Chalmers and Byrne I think we'd be lucky to get another striker, a right back and a utility defender in before the season started. 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

I don’t think you’re actually linked to Musonda. His name was mentioned by a Thistle fan as he was asking if he’d signed a new deal or not. 

Think he’s wanting back down the road. 

46 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

If we're hopeful of signing Byrne I'm not sure I expect us to sign another centre back. We already have O'Riley, McBeth, Was and Aero. If we sign both Chalmers and Byrne I think we'd be lucky to get another striker, a right back and a utility defender in before the season started. 

I agree, a centre back is low on our list of priorities this summer.
We will need a right back assuming McMillan leaves, cover at full back will be required as well regardless of whether McMillan stays or goes. 
A back up striker is needed and assuming the Chalmers deal goes through, we need one more winger for cover.
Finally another goalkeeper is needed.

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

It was a Dundee fan on here who said we had approached Ashcroft 

Amazingly and surprisingly easy season ticket purchases this afternoon. I was prepared for it going tits up.

Does anyone know if you can use a JL season ticket in the JH stand from time to time? Thinking about when I bring the wee one with me and we sit over there.

1 minute ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Amazingly and surprisingly easy season ticket purchases this afternoon. I was prepared for it going tits up.

Does anyone know if you can use a JL season ticket in the JH stand from time to time? Thinking about when I bring the wee one with me and we sit over there.

No idea but my son was asking the same thing. He could do so no problem last season but doesn't know if he can with the new set up. 

30 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

No idea how it’ll work with fanbase, but if you phone the club they’ll set aside a ticket for the JH - or at least they did for me last season.

8 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Aww! It's touching that you still obssess over me! 

20 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

What a pathetic post that is. Is it relevant to a Partick Thistle post?  No  it isn't. Moron.

19 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Oh I am. Enjoying the hot Benidorm night! 

22 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

It certainly is a habit of yours to stalk me on here. Creepy.

I realise that you’ll just acuse me of following you about, but this is really weird stuff. Are you no in your 50’s?

Just log off and enjoy your holiday ffs. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I realise that you’ll just acuse me of following you about, but this is really weird stuff. Are you no in your 50’s?

Just log off and enjoy your holiday ffs. 

Asking my age? That is creepy!