The Partick Thistle thread

44 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

A new first choice keeper is a must for me.

New GK

New RB - Ashcroft - O'Reilly - Milne

MacBeth - Turner

Chalmers - Robinson - Fitzpatrick

Graham

Subs: Mitchell, Muirhead, Williams, New FB cover, Bannigan, Stanway, Crawford, Mackay, Lawless, New ST

Send Diack, Lyon and MacKenzie on loan.

Thats a more than decent Championship side if we get the other signings right.

Have we signed Ashcroft ?

As said previously this squad is coming along nicely & now for everyone who questions Doolan's player choice / tactics can if need be as this squad are all his this time whether that be signings or choosing to hold on to players who were there when he came. I'm personally looking forward to the coming season with a great attacking brand of football doubled with what looks like a reasonably solid defence.

14 minutes ago, colliedug said:

I’m personally looking forward to the coming season with a great attacking brand of football doubled with what looks like a reasonably solid defence.

This seems like exactly the sort of things fans say before their team gets relegated on about 16 points.

Spoiler

I don’t actually think this’ll happen, obviously. 

1 minute ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Mackay or Ashcroft?

Mackay, he had a long spell out with injury but whenever he played for us he was very good. I really liked him. Ashcroft too I'd say is very solid - surely has your lot as favourites for the league now

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

GK too.

I'm not too fussed about Mitchell - was OK for the run-in, and if he's improved his off-field situation, then reasonable to give him another shot.

Just now, baba douche said:

I'm not too fussed about Mitchell - was OK for the run-in, and if he's improved his off-field situation, then reasonable to give him another shot.

Unless we’re going with McCready as back up (and I’ve seen no indication he’s good enough) then I think we definitely need another keeper regardless of if it’s to provide cover for Mitchell or (ideally) take his place.

I think I’d be largely fine with us having Mitchell in goals and Williams at right back for the league cup games, and take a wee bit of time to get those signings right.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Mackay, he had a long spell out with injury but whenever he played for us he was very good. I really liked him. Ashcroft too I'd say is very solid - surely has your lot as favourites for the league now

What are his strengths and weaknesses? Maybe one for @RandomGuy. and your wee charts too. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

I was surprised we've signed Daniel on a 2 year deal. Thought it may have been a loan.

Happy with Ashcroft too.

I'm too long in the tooth to be posting HMS Pish the League memes just yet but I have been impressed with our recruitment so far. 

Still going to be a heck of a league. I can say I am looking forward to it at this point 😂

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Unless we’re going with McCready as back up (and I’ve seen no indication he’s good enough) then I think we definitely need another keeper regardless of if it’s to provide cover for Mitchell or (ideally) take his place.

I think I’d be largely fine with us having Mitchell in goals and Williams at right back for the league cup games, and take a wee bit of time to get those signings right.

What are his strengths and weaknesses? Maybe one for @RandomGuy. and your wee charts too. 

20240620_211043.thumb.jpg.0a158ede78b95393b0979dd880f6da6f.jpg

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

From what I've saw of him, pace and getting the ball into the box. We played him mainly on the right and sometimes at AM, he's good at taking his man on. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

What are his strengths and weaknesses? Maybe one for @RandomGuy.

Agree, was just going to add that we DO need another goalie as back up at least, and if we can get better we should.