The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

I would imagine an emergency goalkeeping signing before Morton game would now have to be a high priority. 

Signing goalies isn't allowed.

21 minutes ago, Jacquis Husband said:

We’ve been looking at keepers all pre season. We should have a good idea of who we want / can get so no need for rushed signings

Yet here we are potentially heading into a competitive game with a young and inexperienced keeper and no back up.

17 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

also speculation that Mitchell might be back for Sunday 

From who? Doolan told the press yesterday that Mitchell isn’t getting a scan until next week

Where did this version of McCready come from!? He's been very poor anytime I've seen him at WoS or lowland league level and didn't fill me with confidence on Tuesday either. Two cracking stops so far

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Where did this version of McCready come from!? He's been very poor anytime I've seen him at WoS or lowland league level and didn't fill me with confidence on Tuesday either. Two cracking stops so far

Maybe, possibly he’s a very young keeper who’s just learning his trade?

Today’s performance probably makes up for Tuesday’s shitshow. I though Turner was excellent again and MacKay looked a real threat too. McCready impressed too, making couple of goods saves and one brilliant one. Despite that I still wouldn’t be confident going into the season with him as our only fit keeper.

51 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Wonder if we'll just stick with McCready as backup now and use the money elsewhere or if they'd rather he was out on loan somewhere playing.

I guess there will be various strategies?

Main consideration is how long Mitchell is out for.

If there is a move in the pipe-line they might not want to cancel that for various reasons. No idea if there is either way.

As you say might want to get McCready some regular games rather than sitting on the bench until January after a couple of first team games.

McCready did well but having a very inexperienced back-up for him, for the first chunk of the season isn't ideal.

TL;DR - I wouldn't be too reticent now about having Mason vy for the #1 shirt.

McCready, Milne and Fans cream of the crop today against a stuffy but beatable Motherwell who seemed to get all the 50/50s in their favour especially in second half. 

Off topic but what was in the OTT Police presence on and around Airbles Road for ?.