The Partick Thistle thread

SOD MUST stay :wub:

There must be a reasonable chance that O'Donnell will stay after all. He was not one of the three players that the manager expects to leave over the next few days. Perhaps Archie has made O'Donnell a very good offer to stay. He would be my top priority.

The latter. Petulant w**k with a mahoosive chip on his shoulder. Of all the players leaving he'll be the easiest to replace.

What was it he actually done? Seen it mentioned on WAT that he was a bawbag as well but no mention of what specifically he did.

WAT?

V

O'Donnell is a class act. A guy who clearly appreciates his time at Thistle and recognises the part that everyone at Firhill from the fucking toilet cleaner up has played in the advancement of his career.

The exact opposite of a player that mumbles "it's been a pleasure" before chucking down a microphone following a presentation by and awestruck and emotional fan who'd scraped together every available penny to sponsor his kit for the year.

Edited by Nizzy

O'Donnell is a class act. A guy who clearly appreciates his time at Thistle and recognises the part that everyone at Firhill from the fucking toilet cleaner up has played in the advancement of his career.

The exact opposite of a player that mumbles "it's been a pleasure" before chucking down a microphone following a presentation by and awestruck and emotional fan who'd scraped together every available penny to sponsor his kit for the year.

Beautiful x

:wub:

f**k SOD and DU

A marriage made in incest...

Nah, I can't let rip yet.

SOD is a clever guy, admittedly poorly payed at Firhill. He needs games for another season.

Gawd bless SOD :wub:

I`ve no idea what any of that means but you have my respect for being able to type anything in your clearly tired and very, very emotional state.

I wish you a speedy recovery. :thumsup2

On the face of things a move to United could be good for SOD.

He'd deservedly receive a far superior financial package including a decent signing fee and probably the security of a three year contract.

He also has worked under McNamara.

That's where my doubts about it being a good move football wise begin.

After a bright start McNamara's stock with the fans is at an all time low. At least half of them want shot of him. The others probably wouldn't be too upset if he left either.

Paton and Erskine seem to get a fair bit of stick as they're seen as Jackie's boys.

We all know SOD is a confidence player. I feel he has the talent to play for anyone in the league barring Celtic.

If things carry on into next season he could find the fans are on his back from the outset if results don't improve.

Then if McNamara leaves he has to impress a new manager who may not like the cut of his gib.

Basically United is a potential clusterfuck waiting to happen, imo.

Whatever he does I wish the lad well.

The latter. Petulant w**k with a mahoosive chip on his shoulder. Of all the players leaving he'll be the easiest to replace.

I overheard somebody who knows the players reasonably well say that Fox is a bit of a loner.

Goalies in general seem to display idiosyncrasies more than their outfield contemporaries but I am thinking he may not be such a big loss despite having a good season.

Edited by jagfox(Pt)

On the face of things a move to United could be good for SOD.

He'd deservedly receive a far superior financial package including a decent signing fee and probably the security of a three year contract.

He also has worked under McNamara.

That's where my doubts about it being a good move football wise begin.

After a bright start McNamara's stock with the fans is at an all time low. At least half of them want shot of him. The others probably wouldn't be too upset if he left either.

Paton and Erskine seem to get a fair bit of stick as they're seen as Jackie's boys.

We all know SOD is a confidence player. I feel he has the talent to play for anyone in the league barring Celtic.

If things carry on into next season he could find the fans are on his back from the outset if results don't improve.

Then if McNamara leaves he has to impress a new manager who may not like the cut of his gib.

Basically United is a potential clusterfuck waiting to happen, imo.

Whatever he does I wish the lad well.

i thought SOD was going to England?

Yeah I'm sure Archie had said he was looking for a move down south. United have McGowan anyway so he wouldn't even necessarily be first choice.

Dissapointing to read that we wanted to keep Craigen but couldn't afford it. Hopefully the home fans that have disappeared this season realize we can't hold on to players if they continue to stay away.