The Partick Thistle thread

Also, after today's game, and I know it was end of season fare, Ben Richards-Everton looked pretty decent. I hope we haven't made a mistake letting him go.

Have to agree with you. Looked very commanding and excellent in the air. Made a couple of mistakes that nearly resulted in goals but that can be excused as it was his first game. If Balatoni does go and Seaborne has as injury prone season next season, the decision to let him go could be a mistake. There looked to be plenty potential there.

Edited by Sting777

BRE has had an entire season to impress, half of that was on loan where he wasn't really a standout. Agree that he did pretty well yesterday as but as part of a back 3.

Thought Wilson did well though, is he still under contract? Put him in/around the 1st team to replace Craigen and that's one problem solved and money saved.

While i'm at it, I thought Booth was really good yesterday, glad that we signed him up.

If we couldn't afford to keep Craigen then what kind of players could we expect to bring in? A few kids next season I think. Don't see us bringing real quality in.

Smaller squad, better quality was the message from the manager last night. Our budget will be based on this season's crowds regardless of whether Rangers are promoted.

Sounds like Welsh is staying on going by his Twitter comment. Hopefully the worst of his injuries are past him, it would be great seeing him play again

If Sean Welsh can get through next season without a serious injury he could be one of our best signings.

Does pay as you play even exist at our level? You can see it happening at a higher level when players are earning thousands per week or at a part time level where a player has his other job's income to fall back on.

If the club want to be nice then offering him training facilities or if he is retiring letting him get involved in coaching would be a decent thing to do but other than that I don't think we should be waiting around for another season on the off chance a guy who has played about 2 seasons worth of football in 7 or 8 years finally gets fit.

Even after Welsh got over his initial injury this season he got hit with a heavy tackle and picked up another injury.

At what point does he stop becoming unlucky and start becoming a crock?

Not next season anyway...