The Partick Thistle thread

I'd be surprised if we signed Letheren or any keeper (unless they're too good to say no to) just now. We'll give Scully a chance in pre-season and see how he does.

Scully, Lindsey and Wilson all pushing for starting spots next season. We're starting to reap the rewards of McCall implanting a proper youth system.

Edited by Reid

Would seem a bit of a waste of a wage getting another keeper in with scully and Gallagher already available. Would it not seem better to try for first half of season and if dire needs try and sign another goalie in January. That should leave us an extra wage available.

Archie mentioned at the POTY "smaller squad, better quality".

Dicks like me are going to start quoting that sarcastically if we sign a 3rd goalkeeper (4th if you count young Waters) like Letheren. Still guessing it's just paper talk and folk putting 2+2 together and making 5.

Would seem a bit of a waste of a wage getting another keeper in with scully and Gallagher already available. Would it not seem better to try for first half of season and if dire needs try and sign another goalie in January. That should leave us an extra wage available.

In January, it would probably have to a loan player coming in. There will not be many, if any, suitable free agents available.

The manager will have until late August to assess Scully. If Gallacher decides to move on, he will need to bring in a quality replacement quickly.

Please feel free to come take Henri Anier he has terrific pace (just what you guys need) we shall even pay Thistle as he is so damn good ;)

We actually tried to sign Anier in January. Obviously he's been pish for you but a striker with pace is exactly what we need and a change of scenery might work. I think we'll see if we can get Taylor permanently first though.

If SOD, Higgy and Conrad do go, then I'm really looking forward to the better quality Archie brings in....

Dani Alves has seen out his contract at Barca. No news till after the CL final.

Watch this space 8)

Letheren is a decent keeper. Don't think he's got what it takes to be a regular at this level though and if he signs for you, he almost certainly will be that as that's why he left us.

I'd have Letheren before I'd have Fox personally. Letheren has the ability to make out of this world saves, but he's terrified, and I mean terrified of crosses into his box. He's also game for at least 4-5 howlers a season.

Letheren is a decent keeper. Don't think he's got what it takes to be a regular at this level though and if he signs for you, he almost certainly will be that as that's why he left us.

I'd have Letheren before I'd have Fox personally. Letheren has the ability to make out of this world saves, but he's terrified, and I mean terrified of crosses into his box. He's also game for at least 4-5 howlers a season.

I'd have fox well before I'd have Letheren. Neither of them are particularly great at this level, but I can't remember Fox just costing us a goal where there was no danger in the manner of United's first at the weekend and unfortunately I can remember Letheren doing things like that too often. Fox does have ones where they go in and he should certainly save them, and he's pretty appalling when the ball is low at his near post but I can't remember him just switching off and missing the ball coming out to collect it or something.

Ultimately though, he'd be an utterly pointless signing for us given we've got Ryan Scully, who's going to be our number 1 at some point presumably and will need to be in the next year or so or I can't see him staying, and Paul Gallacher, who's better than Letheren is as well.

Must be a different Kallum Higginbotham who said this, less than 3 weeks ago.

Accies defender Michael Devlin and Jags forward Ryan Stevenson both suffered knee injuries and Higginbotham is certainly not a fan of the fake grass.

He said: "It is hard to get any sort of game going on that surface. I have never approved of plastic pitches and never will. It is just not for me. I did my knee earlier on in the season down at Kilmarnock. Surely it is not good for your joints.

"You feel about 105 when you come off the pitch after the game. It just shows you that it is not suitable to play 90 minutes on. I don't know how they train on it every day as it must knock a couple of years off your career.

"The boy from Hamilton took a sore one and that was down to the pitch. His foot has got jarred in the pitch.

"If you are prone to injuries there is no point in taking a risk.

"I have spoken to James McFadden about it and he had the chance to join Kilmarnock, but didn't because his knees wouldn't hold up.

"The more and more you bring them in the more the game is going to go downhill."