The Partick Thistle thread

Not bothered about the away strip as the home strip is very to what I had hoped for.

I agree with other commenters that Miller is a decent signing. The manager is right to take his time with the recruitment of a new striker.

Another defender who can play across/cover the back four would be useful. McMillan would have been ideal but he's history now.

Any suggestions?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437402433.158603.jpg Decided I quite like the away kit now

Unsurprising Gary Miller has the most fake tan on out the three. The most well groomed right back youll ever have.

Unsurprising Gary Miller has the most fake tan on out the three. The most well groomed right back youll ever have.

We're definitely near the top of the "Most Handsome Defence" table. Booth lets us down but Christie could play there for vanity reasons.

We're definitely near the top of the "Most Handsome Defence" table. Booth lets us down but Christie could play there for vanity reasons.

Is there a prize for this year's tallest hair?

Oi you, you're no oil painting yourself ;)

Edited by Callum Booth

Interesting interview with Paul Dickov about ATS, (championship level player) (says he went to watch him play for thistle 8 times!) but also his comments about how the transfer window is working these days with players chancing their arm in the opening few weeks with wage demands, then as the season draws nearer, coming back saying they would take considerably less money.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3389420-interview-paul-dickov-talks-to-gids1980-about-new-signing-aaron-taylor-sinclair

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that Miller lives in Knightswood.

He's from Glasgow. One of the St Johnstone fans on here speculated a few months ago that he would come to us, so I assumed he lives in or near the city.

I mentioned it once he was released, but that was purely down to some deep, supernatural, feeling about it.

Honest.

Still no idea why, but I still expect Gary Miller to end up at you lot, with news of his release today, I expect the deal to be in motion shortly.

Either that or this completely random feeling is well off the mark, and he'll sign for Ross County.

^ Scary

Everyone heading along tonight? What are you expecting?

I'm looking forward to seeing Amoo getting forward and how the younger guys have developed over the summer.

Reckon it'll be like the Sunderland XI game last year, or if Wigan are taking it seriously then we'll get battered like the Brighton game in Spain.