The Partick Thistle thread

Looking at the young boys who played today I'm quietly confident for the future if we can continually turn them out like that Liam Lyndsay looked to be very comfortable today the rest I'm sure will be knocking on the door soon

Amoo looking far better than before, pacy as f**k. Always able to turn his man and get a cross in, all of which were pretty accurate. Comfortable using both feet as well. Welsh was great again, looking forward to seeing him play league games once more.

Agree with above, Lindsay (and Hendry when he came on) were both pretty comfortable, they've not done much wrong this pre-season.

Edit: Yeah, we need a striker

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

Firstly jagfox's 6 week patter is horrendous, it was only mildly funny about a year ago.

Secondly I really don't get anyone praising Wilson in any of his senior games so far. I've been impressed with him at u20 level but even in friendlies he seems to try and over-complicate things or turn back on himself.

I agree about Wilson. It's like he is nervous and overthinking everything even though he already has played with the 1st team. Reminds of Squiddy's early days.

In a similar note - Despite him bossing the development league, I've not been impressed with Leyden in the pre-season games. I'll not judge until he's played a few league games but I'm beginning to think it's maybe a season too early for 1st team football.

Archie on the official site has said we've had a couple of knockbacks this week on the striker front. After the Wigan game he said we were waiting on answers from 2 strikers so looks like we're back to square one.

In a similar note - Despite him bossing the development league, I've not been impressed with Leyden in the pre-season games. I'll not judge until he's played a few league games but I'm beginning to think it's maybe a season too early for 1st team football.

Understandable. He is 2 years younger than Wilson and a year younger than Hendry, Lindsay and McDaid.