The Partick Thistle thread

Not sure how anyone could complain about lack of goals when, in our only 2 matches, we were down to 10 men in one of them and playing Celtic in the other. The way we play means the whole team chips in with goals, instead of relying on a single striker.

I'm fairly confident we'll see goals when playing a front 4 of

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Pogba

Don't really see the point in being concerned after playing the majority of the Hamilton game with 10 men and then most of the Celtic game having absolutely shat it by playing Stevenson up front like Archie seems to do any time we play them.

Pogba will score against the weaker teams in league.. Amoo looks good when ball is played in behind the defence.. The only player who likes to do that pass is Fraser who hasn't had much time on the field yet himself..

Pogba looked good, and I'm optimistic he'll score goals at this level.

David Wilson look completely out of his depth today; like a scared wee boy most of the game. I felt pretty sorry for him, but at the same time annoyed that Archie felt he deserved to stay on for 90 minutes.

If Welsh stays fit, that's a big boost to us staying up. Arguably our best player again today.

Edited by Nightmare

Aye, I think a forward line of Lawless, Stevenson, Amoo and Pogba could prove potent but Archie seems intent on playing Welsh, Osman and Bannigan together.

My starting XI based on recent showings would be:

Cerny

Miller...Frans...Lindsay...Booth

Osman...Bannigan

Amoo...Stevenson/Welsh...Lawless

Pogba

Pogba looked good, and I'm optimistic he'll score goals at this level.

David Wilson look completely out of his depth today; like a scared wee boy most of the game. I felt pretty sorry for him, but at the same time annoyed that Archie felt he deserved to stay on for 90 minutes.

If Welsh stays fit, that's a big boost to us staying up. Arguably our best player again today.

What did Welsh offer creatively? Our forward passing was terrible. Wilson was slow and ponderous.

Lawless seemed to be lacking match fitness and was slow on the ball. Pogba could be this season's Eccleston but, hopefully, I'm wrong

I got pelters for questioning Eccleston and Carroll last season. Can we afford to strengthen before the end of the month?

I re-watched the game, he did struggle but he was a completely different player when Fraser came on, maybe the familiarity of each other's game from the Dev squad helped him, but most of our good play late in the game involved him Edited by dave_scooter

What did Welsh offer creatively? Our forward passing was terrible. Wilson was slow and ponderous.

Lawless seemed to be lacking match fitness and was slow on the ball. Pogba could be this season's Eccleston but, hopefully, I'm wrong

I got pelters for questioning Eccleston and Carroll last season. Can we afford to strengthen before the end of the month?

Welsh offered as much as anyone else. That is, not very much. But his ball retention was good, and he at least tried to carry it forward at times.

We absolutely need to strengthen before the end of the month, imo. Whether that's financially viable or not is another question.

Eh? Pogba had a decent debut against the best team in the league, why would you compare him to Ecclestone? What does Carroll have to do with him?

Racist IMO.

I didn't see the game so can only go by the Beeb's generous five minutes of highlights. Pogba is going to be a nuisance and will drag teams backwards like Doolan never could.

Can he score ten or more goals? The timing in his shooting was pretty poor, but then he won't be under as much pressure against most defences.

Does he need to? I would say probably not. But if Welsh plays in a 4-3-3 then the striker probably does, because I don't see 20 goals from Lawless and Amoo.

We've got a striker who's averaged 10 goals a season in the Premiership over the last 2 years, we just don't like to play him too much.

I thought Pogba looked useful and certainly a good alternative to Doolan, and can understand why he came on yesterday. However, I don't really understand the clamour to immediately rush Pogba to the top of the pecking order on the basis of putting himself about a bit. I'd be starting Doolan in the next couple of games and giving Pogba a good run from the bench against tiring centre backs.