The Partick Thistle thread

A banner aimed at Goodwillie would be lolz, but leave me out of this faux-rivalry, please.

Clyde are so far beneath us in every way imaginable. They are a pub team in Cumbernauld who play in front of a couple of hundred fans in a council-owned stadium. 

29 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

A banner aimed at Goodwillie would be lolz, but leave me out of this faux-rivalry, please.

Clyde are so far beneath us in every way imaginable. They are a pub team in Cumbernauld who play in front of a couple of hundred fans in a council-owned stadium. 

They do not even have first call on Broadwood. Cumbernauld Colts are the prime tenants.

Bask in that hatred for us lads. 

Nah only kidding, seen the boys post on Twitter and burst out laughing. If the banners not about Clyde, why not have it for your game against Airdrie (a Saturday, bigger crowd, first competitive game of new season etc) or your first home league game?

3 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

You're no different to these folk. You thrive off the same embarrassing attention and ridicule that these people attract.

I've been told the banner is a Thistle fan pissing on a Clyde shirt like those cartoons that have been doing the rounds online for years, and you've the cheek to beg folk for money for it. :lol:

How could you not get a handful of your pals together and pay for something as shite as that amongst yourselves?

How do I thrive of attention Jesus. U know nothing at all and all the younger  ones that do displays, they’ve all chipped in so far and have done before - the QF n Top 6 ones cost £200+ each. All paid for by the younger fans that are now ‘begging’ for money when in reality it’s a derby game and we’re hoping some of the other fans can chip in, like they have in 99% of supports 

How do I thrive of attention Jesus. U know nothing at all and all the younger  ones that do displays, they’ve all chipped in so far and have done before - the QF n Top 6 ones cost £200+ each. All paid for by the younger fans that are now ‘begging’ for money when in reality it’s a derby game and we’re hoping some of the other fans can chip in, like they have in 99% of supports 
I like that you're making a banner, but games against Clyde are not, and haven't been for about 30 years, a derby

You can't artificially create something that doesn't exist. There's been times when there has been a bit of needle between the two teams. It was at its height probably when they ground shared at Firhill and kept beating us (I think it was 16 games in a row against Clyde without a win) but most of the time they've been nothing more than an irritant. It was irritating to lose to them and to see how much pleasure they got from that but there was never any great sense of elation when we beat them. I guess we look at Clyde in much the same way the arse cheeks look at us.

We lack a proper rival among our peers and that's a bit crap but not as crap as trying to fashion one out of nowhere. Let these things develop naturally. For goodness sake the last time we played Clyde in anything meaningful the current CEO of the SFA scored an own goal to give Clyde a 1-0 win. It was that long ago.

38 minutes ago, manpreet_ptfc said:

Manpreet ignore the negativity wee man, you and your mates have done a few displays which have been excellent the one at Ibrox in particular. So keep up what you’re doing regardless of who we are playing.

The only way you will get the Thistle Da’s on here contributing to a banner is if it says

“The Thistle Board, Manager and Players are all shite so GTF the lot of you”

You should be applauded for trying rather than ridiculed.

39 minutes ago, manpreet_ptfc said:

I take it you weren't looking for attention when you stood up at Ibrox with a Catalonia flag?

To be fair, anyone giving you money for some felt tip pens and a tarpaulin deserves to get rinsed.

3 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I take it you weren't looking for attention when you stood up at Ibrox with a Catalonia flag?

To be fair, anyone giving you money for some felt tip pens and a tarpaulin deserves to get rinsed.

Wasn’t my Catalonia flag - if ur gonna have a needless go at me please at least make sure yer using the right facts  =D

Edited by manpreet_ptfc

7 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Manpreet ignore the negativity wee man, you and your mates have done a few displays which have been excellent the one at Ibrox in particular. So keep up what you’re doing regardless of who we are playing.

The only way you will get the Thistle Da’s on here contributing to a banner is if it says

“The Thistle Board, Manager and Players are all shite so GTF the lot of you”

You should be applauded for trying rather than ridiculed.

Can’t wait for some banners at the next Thistle v Alloa game.

There’s a difference between ridicule just for the sake of it (which does happen in our fanbase), and ridicule because something is a terrible, terrible idea. This is the latter.

4 hours ago, manpreet_ptfc said:

Been on her for a while but never knew how to do stuff then one of ma mates put a screenshot into a group chat about this 

The Clyde game is midweek and it's a 7.45 KO,   lucky for you the schools will be on holiday, so your ma might let you stay out late.