The Partick Thistle thread

When you take the emotion and bluster out of it and actually examine the track record of these people the truth probably lies in the middle.

There wouldn't be a scatter gun signing approach where they will just sign anyone they fancy because they can, although obviously they have the resources to do that if they ever wanted but they have openly said that's not their MO and the transfer business done by their other clubs backs that up. Nor does their history suggest they are here to asset strip, and what assets anyway? The evidence suggests we'd likely be another minor part of a larger organisation behind Barnsley, Nice and all their other investments.

The guy isn't Craig Whyte, he's got serious money from legit business behind him and an existing track record in football which is reasonable. Nor is he is Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour where he'll just fire money at big name players.

Some folk (well one guy) have suggested the club's dying on its arse. Not true IMO, but it's at risk of stagnating again in the way of a long rut of seasons outside the top flight. I think Caldwell did alright in the end last season and got an unnecessarily hard time so if the status quo remains I will remain behind him, but in the grand scheme if he goes, so be it. The current board don't have the money or the expertise behind them, more than replaceable. The current lack of news on the signings front isn't a coincidence either IMO.

My main hope would be they would invest in the infrastructure. The stadium, the training ground, the overall professionalism of the club. There's no point in them coming in to just fire a bunch of players from Barnsley and Nice on loan every year up to us and that being the end of their input, but given what Chien Lee and Paul Conway have said about building things slowly I'm sure they're well aware of that.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

39 minutes ago, dave.j said:

If he sacks Caldwell he has my 100% backing.

Until then, im so indifferent about the Club, i'm beyond giving two shits about it.

Honestly don't understand that.

Thought Caldwell did ok and has to be given a full season

Edited by professor challenger

Pre season is always funny.

Tenuous link between clubs turns into a Twitter post, turns into a rumour story by a despicable paper's hack, and now our club is dying after a year in the championship, Firhill is about to be chopped up, sold as firewood by an evil Chinese overlord and never ever hiring a social media officer.  

Rudden signed a new deal at Rangers and sounds like he wants to stay and fight for his spot. Regardless of this ownership shit we can't fall into the trap again of falling in love with targets and being left in a position to panic.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

Graeme McGarry saying we’ve signed ex-Falkirk player Tommy Robson, subject to a medical.

No idea who he is.

From what I recall, he’s a full back (not sure which side) who tries really hard, is decent enough going forward but can’t defend at all.

Would expect him to be back up to Penrice/Williamson.

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

If he sacks Caldwell he has my 100% backing.

Until then, im so indifferent about the Club, i'm beyond giving two shits about it.

So indifferent you decided to post 🤔

presumably things quiet with St Mirren at present 

Alan Nixon also linking us with someone called Sam Scrivens who I can't even find on Google 😂 

Edit, there's one at Emley town who are in tier 10 of English football and is described as a right back whereas Nixon describes him as a prolific goalscorer and wide man. For comparison Whitley Bay were tier 9 when we signed Elliott from them. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Alan Nixon also linking us with someone called Sam Scrivens who I can't even find on Google [emoji23] 
Edit, there's one at Emley town who are in tier 10 of English football and is described as a right back whereas Nixon describes him as a prolific goalscorer and wide man. For comparison Whitley Bay were tier 9 when we signed Elliott from them. 

There’s one at a team called Penistone Church, who’re tier 9 and scored 27 goals last season at that level.

Would imagine it’s him.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There’s one at a team called Penistone Church, who’re tier 9 and scored 27 goals last season at that level.

Would imagine it’s him.

If its him I can imagine him bring called a total knob end if he doesnt produce the goods!!!

19 minutes ago, third lanark said:

So indifferent you decided to post 🤔

presumably things quiet with St Mirren at present 

Yes, so indifferent I decided to post that I'm indifferent. 

Just like you probably couldn't give a shit about my opinion but still quoted me.

I'm not sure about the St Mirrren reference, but I'm sure you can expand.

Would imagine it’s him.

Nixon said Ronnie Glavin recommended him and Penistone have a player called Conner Glavin so I’m assuming that’s a relative so that’ll be the one.