The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Cerberus said:

With all that’s been going on his signings have been ok IMO.

He’s a shite manager though.

Ben Hall? Sold the first goal today. Williamson? Brutal. Jones? Hasn’t kicked a ball. 

I’ll give him Zanatta, based on that showing. But he’s an atrocious manager and the sooner he is sacked the sooner we can all get on with our lives. 

31 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

The boy Zanatta looked a good signing.

Shame the debut was ruined. I thought GC was bullshitting when he said this guy was a player and could beat 4 or 5

Rumours on the Twitter about O'Ware and Banzo getting their jotters... 

Don't know what big Tam's supposed to have done,  but the way I'm feeling after being at Firhill today Banzo can do one. How many times has he lashed out like that over the years? He just doesn't seem to learn...

It's not so much an issue of temperament with Bannigan as sloppiness and poor technique. He just can't tackle and gets himself into bad positions that leaves him prone to cards and serious injuries. 

In that sense I can forgive today in the sense that it's just part and parcel of what will come with him sometimes. I'd personally still rather keep him as, despite his clear regression, he's still our best midfielder in my opinion and the type of pass he plays out wide is an important one that I'm not sure anyone else can do as cleanly and crisply. 

8 hours ago, Partick Monkey said:

Rumours on the Twitter about O'Ware and Banzo getting their jotters... 

Don't know what big Tam's supposed to have done,  but the way I'm feeling after being at Firhill today Banzo can do one. How many times has he lashed out like that over the years? He just doesn't seem to learn...

Was interesting to see Bannigan run straight to O’Ware on the bench after scoring the penalty. To be fair I think O’Ware has been very poor in any game he has played this season but was willing to cut him some slack given his bad injury last season.  Bannigan is a shadow of his former self and looks as if he is playing for a move!

Edited by Sting777

I've never got the Tam O'Ware hype. Has played about 5 times and is post-ACL injury, will simply not be a big loss. Looks like a typical Archibald CB, handsome but not going to win you games.

Bannigan is a liability now post-injury and currently isn't showing many signs of getting back to his best. He creates the same kind of bias in the Thistle support as Erskine before him.

Both can leave if they want, shame we have no transfer window to replace them though. 

I've never got the Tam O'Ware hype. Has played about 5 times and is post-ACL injury, will simply not be a big loss. Looks like a typical Archibald CB, handsome but not going to win you games.
Bannigan is a liability now post-injury and currently isn't showing many signs of getting back to his best. He creates the same kind of bias in the Thistle support as Erskine before him.
Both can leave if they want, shame we have no transfer window to replace them though. 

O’Ware is a solid player at this level and a better player than Saunders. Bannigan might not be at his best but he’s still our best CM and is streets ahead of passengers like Gordon and Harkins. Would much rather Caldwell went than either of those two. The guy is toxic, get him to f**k.

Bannigan’s regression happened when Caldwell took over. He was absolutely fine prior to that. O’Ware might not be Beckenbauer but he’s proven previously to have done a job at this level.

A manager falling out with several players for no apparent reason, other than the fact that it’s likely he’s a total p***k and an atrocious manager is toxic and needs to be punted as soon as.

It’ll be interesting to see if Caldwell shows up for this Thistle legends game at Maryhill today.

10 minutes ago, Reid said:

O’Ware is a solid player at this level and a better player than Saunders. Bannigan might not be at his best but he’s still our best CM and is streets ahead of passengers like Gordon and Harkins. Would much rather Caldwell went than either of those two. The guy is toxic, get him to f**k.

If he's a solid player at this level, he's been here for over a season and I havn't seen evidence of it, although injury mitigating factor.

If we stop handing out easy pay packets at Firhill to the likes of Archibald, Erskine, Bannigan then hopefully we might stop handing out easy 3 points.

I hope the takeover goes ahead and the new owners have that ruthlessness, of course including towards Caldwell if required.

40 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Bannigan’s regression happened when Caldwell took over. He was absolutely fine prior to that. O’Ware might not be Beckenbauer but he’s proven previously to have done a job at this level.

A manager falling out with several players for no apparent reason, other than the fact that it’s likely he’s a total p***k and an atrocious manager is toxic and needs to be punted as soon as.

It’ll be interesting to see if Caldwell shows up for this Thistle legends game at Maryhill today.

Bannigan only played a handful of games in 2 years prior to Caldwell due to injury so no idea how he can be said to be fine.  Even then guy consistently has received stupid yellow and red cards prior to Caldwell showing up which again meant he was not always fine

Been a liability this season and if he got himself deliberately sent off then that’s unforgivable 

Edited by third lanark

If he's a solid player at this level, he's been here for over a season and I havn't seen evidence of it, although injury mitigating factor.
If we stop handing out easy pay packets at Firhill to the likes of Archibald, Erskine, Bannigan then hopefully we might stop handing out easy 3 points.
I hope the takeover goes ahead and the new owners have that ruthlessness, of course including towards Caldwell if required.

He was solid before injury last season and was fine in the League Cup games this season.

Bannigan deserved his new deal and although he’s been poor this season is still our best CM.

Bannigan only played a handful of games in 2 years prior to Caldwell due to injury so no idea how he can be said to be fine.
Been a liability this season and if he got himself deliberately sent off then that’s unforgivable 

Very much doubt he got sent off on purpose. It was just a rash tackle which he is prone to.

Get O’Ware and Bannigan both to f**k if they don’t want to play for us. Regardless of who the manager is they are paid professionals that should have some self pride and do their best out on the park.

FFS how many of us would like to have thrown the towel in every time we worked for a manager we didn’t like.

Caldwell puts me in mind of the contestants you see on The Apprentice.

He’s ruthless, narcissistic, arrogant and his own self-confidence far outweighs his abilities. It isn’t difficult to see why our former Chairman was so enamoured by him.