The Partick Thistle thread

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Can just imagine the police and stewards standing back and allowing them to erect a gazeebo for snacks and drinks. 

Depending where it is, I doubt they’d have grounds to do anything. 

18 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Where do you get that from? Gerry has been silent for months, (I think an interview with someone about a week after the season was halted is maybe all there’s been) in fact no one knows how involved he actually is with the whole legal thing. 

You'd like to think that as a senior employee at the club who actually has a legal degree, he'd be quite heavily involved in it all. If a bunch of idiots on a football forum with no legal training could see that the case was pretty flimsy and the QCs were stringing the clubs along and milking them dry in the process then you'd think he would be able to.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nah, I dont think we do. Ann Budge's statement is what you would expect from the losing side in a dispute. Still cant comprehend how they lost, repeats the same things again, bit bitter but its not unexpected. The Thistle statement with its 'everyone's out to get us' paranoia tone along with the creepy 'Thistle Family' patter is much worse for me.

As I have said all along, I blame Hearts for this legal debacle entirely. Once it already existed Thistle can hardly be particularly blamed for taking a free ride along with it, especially as any fool can see they were MUCH more unfortunate than Hearts in the calculations. However, Thistle's public statements on it have been massively more cringeworthy than Hearts ones. They have been consistently dreadful attempts to play the 'everyone is going out of their way to pick on us' card.

I get this, I really do skyline, for a chairperson who's skill set is a communications expert, it has been woeful, but what do you/we expect? What would your statement have said? Mine would have been short and simple, we felt we had to try, we still feel hard done by but having exhausted all legal and now football routes we have failed. Now we wait to see what the further punishment is and we move on. We took the risky route, hope everyone understands why we did it, we look forward to the new season and to welcoming our opposition players, management and fans to firhill from October. Let's get back to football.

This communications is a piece of cake🥵

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

"Never forget"

As long as the rest of Scottish foootball never forget how Partiick Thistle have behvaed at the bbehest of their new best friends from Edinburgh,

I wish nothing but misfortune on Partick Thistle.

Never heard if self autonomy?

Silly post, Trott back to your own thread

1 minute ago, banditjag said:

autonomy already means 'self-rule'. the 'auto' bit at the start is literally 'self'.

and learn to multi-quote

11 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Have they started flying again🥶

5 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I get this, I really do skyline, for a chairperson who's skill set is a communications expert, it has been woeful, but what do you/we expect? What would your statement have said? Mine would have been short and simple, we felt we had to try, we still feel hard done by but having exhausted all legal and now football routes we have failed. Now we wait to see what the further punishment is and we move on. We took the risky route, hope everyone understands why we did it, we look forward to the new season and to welcoming our opposition players, management and fans to firhill from October. Let's get back to football.

3 minutes ago, banditjag said:

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

For f**k sake learn to multi quote.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You'd like to think that as a senior employee at the club who actually has a legal degree, he'd be quite heavily involved in it all. If a bunch of idiots on a football forum with no legal training could see that the case was pretty flimsy and the QCs were stringing the clubs along and milking them dry in the process then you'd think he would be able to.

You would like to think it, but his name has been mentioned hardly anywhere. Not heard anything about or from Gerry for months. 

3 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

For next season I propose we all go to the away games but stand outside the stadium and sing and cheer on the team whilst withholding our gate money and instead donating it to thistle. I’m sure we could get some speakers and listen via jagzone.  And I’m also pretty sure we’d be able to see some of the games from selected spots around the ground. We could bring along gazebo’s and food / drink. After the first few games we’d get clubs having to spend money to keep us away by employing more stewards etc Civil disobedience at its best! 
The team will still know we are supporting them and the opposition will know we are resolute in NOT giving them a penny of our money but instead costing them money! 
I also think it’d be a bit of a laugh 🤣🤣

Please, please let this fella and his two pals do this. I can just imagine them drinking warm tins in the Falkirk car park.

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Please, please let this fella and his two pals do this. I can just imagine them drinking warm tins in the Falkirk car park.

I don’t think Falkirk’s one of the teams people want to boycott. So afraid that won’t happen, might at another ground though!

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, banditjag said:

Indeed. That's a much better (and more reasonable) statement than Thistle actually released. I appreciate everyone at Thistle (and also Hearts and Stranraer, and Kelty and Brora for that matter, and potentially all the playoff sides who lost the chance of promotion) feels hard done by. There are no victimless solutions to this scenario and it's not one anybody wanted.

I also appreciate the Partick Thistle Board probably don't care right now but alienating other clubs by condemning their actions throughout as being motivated by self interest and in some way against the greater good of Scottish football when every single action Thistle have taken since March has absolutely been motivated by self interest is not long term helpful. Thistle have been extraordinarily unlucky. The timing sucks, the game in hand complicates things and gave a greater righteous indignation but I think we all know the same appeals would have been made even if there was no game in hand and you were a point or two behind. Clubs get relegated every year and have to deal with it. Even if Covid hadn't struck it was highly possible Thistle would have gone down (yes, I know it's also highly possible Queen of the South would have gone down). There's been absolutely no acknowledgement of that in Thistle's "everyone's out to get us" pronouncements. The SPFL didn't pick Partick Thistle out of a hat to relegate you, you were bottom at an unfortunate time but you'd been bottom for most of the season. It's not "unlucky" or "unjust" that you were there, you were just prevented from having the opportunity to play your way out of it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wouldn't have thought they'll boycott Falkirk who supported them in the reconstruction argument (and weren't at all motivated by self interest obviously in doing so, no sir, only clubs who vote against Partick Thistle are motivated by self interest 🙄 ).