The Partick Thistle thread

McCall and Archibald know that they’re in the job till the end of the season regardless of what happens,  as we’ve no money to pay them off. Questionable if we have money to sign strikers in January. Not that I would trust McCall with any new signings as he’s built another duff  squad devoid of pace and goal scorers. The fan ownership piece should just be quietly dropped as it will be the end of the club if it happened.

Edited by Midlife Crisis

6 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

McCall and Archibald know that they’re in the job till the end of the season regardless of what happens,  as we’ve no money to pay them off. Questionable if we have money to sign strikers in January. Not that I would trust McCall with any new signings as he’s built another duff  squad devoid of pace and goal scorers. The fan ownership piece should just be quietly dropped as it will be the end of the club if it happened.

I originally thought the same. But given the choice of the club run by Low & Britton, or run by our permanently divided and continually feuding fanbase, I’ll take the fans.

I'm more than confident that Falkirk will win the league, I think it's just a question of how much we win it by. Thistle don't appear to be any challenge at all. 

Incredibly stupid comment to make tbh.
Especially when we have our two traditional bogey teams up next followed by a game against a Thistle team likely to be right up for it....

"VSN Sport (@vsnsport) / Twitter" https://mobile.twitter.com/vsnsport

Guys, I wouldn't normally ask, but this is my nephew's team, rossvale, that have a loose affiliation with thistle.  If anyone has a twitter account and could give them a vote, they can get 500 notes for new kits. Sorry for spamming the thread!

Certainly not with this inept management team and under-performing squad. Even with the injured players fit again, we'd struggle to get in the top 2.  At the very least, we need a right-back who can cross, a creative playmaker and striker who can score regularly at this level. 
It's unlikely, however, that the budget will allow significant strengthening  in January. Even if there is money available, Britton, McCall and Archie can't be trusted to spend it wisely.

You realise we are just 3 points from 2nd spot ? That’s hardly struggling, although I agree we haven’t had a great start.

What sort of scoring average does a striker that can score regularly need to have. Graham is averaging better than 1 every 2 games for us. Maybe you mean another striker ?

I think Williamson would be fine if we gave him some options in the penalty box, maybe somebody to cut back to, instead of having to try to get it inch perfect in a crowded six yard box every time.

We certainly need a creative midfielder, but who is there at our level ?

Ironically Partick are the only club so far to lay a glove on us. In fact they were better than us. I think McCall will find a formula that gets you going as long as it is after the Boxing Day game

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ironically Partick are the only club so far to lay a glove on us. In fact they were better than us. I think McCall will find a formula that gets you going as long as it is after the Boxing Day game

Tend to agree, although Dowds should have buried the one of the post, had that been Keena it would have been in the net . Id happily settle for a point in the boxing day game if we get maximum points till that game.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think Williamson would be fine if we gave him some options in the penalty box, maybe somebody to cut back to, instead of having to try to get it inch perfect in a crowded six yard box every time.

He doesn’t have to get it inch perfect, but something that goes past the first man occasionally would be nice. His crossing is absolutely chronic. For the amount of times he gets into good positions, I think he played a decent ball in once (which Murray then made an arse of).

Cardle is our only creative option at the minute.

He doesn’t have to get it inch perfect, but something that goes past the first man occasionally would be nice. His crossing is absolutely chronic. For the amount of times he gets into good positions, I think he played a decent ball in once (which Murray then made an arse of).

Ok, you’ve missed the point about there being no option but to play it across the 6 yard box

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

You need to move on, mate. The bitterness will just keep eating away at you. 

Bitterness? Your pathetic stalking is obsessive and creepy. Like so many Jags fans, I have been unimpressed by this under-performing management team. 

We should have been nowhere near the bottom of the league when last season was ended prematurely. We are six points behind Falkirk already and only averaging of a goal a game (7) in a mediocre league.  Even Airdrie and Montrose have scored 12 and 13 respectively.

If you think that's good enough, you must have very low standards and expectations. I don't and believe that the fans deserve better than the crap that have endured over the last three seasons.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Solid point for you yesterday. Do you think you'll be able to fend off Montrose and make the play-offs?

No idea, you guys are the experts on playing in League One...

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wasn't there yesterday, but from what my pal who covered the game in my place said Blair Lyons looked handy when he came on.

I thought he was one of the best players in the league last season, and continually gave us a really torrid time. He was talented and played with that cocky attitude you love to hate in an attacking player. How come his gametime has been restricted at the Jags so far? 

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I wasn't there yesterday, but from what my pal who covered the game in my place said Blair Lyons looked handy when he came on.

I thought he was one of the best players in the league last season, and continually gave us a really torrid time. He was talented and played with that cocky attitude you love to hate in an attacking player. How come his gametime has been restricted at the Jags so far? 

McCall said it was to do with him not stepping up to full time training the way they had hoped he would. There is still the majority of the season for him to prove himself, which I’m hopeful he will get the chance to do. 

7 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

McCall said it was to do with him not stepping up to full time training the way they had hoped he would. There is still the majority of the season for him to prove himself, which I’m hopeful he will get the chance to do. 

Should send him to a local part-time club to help him adapt imo.