The Partick Thistle thread

I'm too tight-fisted to subscribe to a newspaper. Is there anyone of Thistle interest on the Livi departures list reported in the <can't remember, maybe the Herald>?

From the manager.

Thistle manager, Ian McCall said:

“There are certain times in your career when it is incredibly hard to deliver bad news to a player. Today was a day like that when I informed Joe that he will be leaving Partick Thistle. He knows my reasons and they will remain private.

“Who knows where our season would have gone if Joe hadn’t came on at half time at East Fife and completely turned the game. He scored 7 goals, had 10 assists and therefore was a big part in our title winning season.

“He was excellent for me as a player and, more importantly, as a person. Joe and his family will always be very welcome back at Firhill.“

Absolutely the correct decision. If he was staying it would only be as a 20 minute sub in most games. 

I will say I thought he was an overrated sand dancer before he signed for us (probably based on that hat trick vs Greg Shields for Dunfermline) but he did win me over. 

22 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

I'm too tight-fisted to subscribe to a newspaper. Is there anyone of Thistle interest on the Livi departures list reported in the <can't remember, maybe the Herald>?

Rafa da Vita? Efe Ambrose? 

Letting Cardle go is the correct decision. He played a big part in our success in the second half the season and has been a good signing overall though. He must be a stick on to end up at Kelty.

While this is obviously the correct decision, and we all knew it was coming given McCall said he had one good season left in him, I’m significantly more gutted than I thought I’d be. Gone from thinking he was absolutely shite to being one of my favourite Thistle players of the last few (admittedly terrible) seasons.

He’ll end up at whichever one of the part time Fife teams offers him the best terms - so Kelty it is.

Good decision. Cardle played his part this season and glad that he can leave on a high, but this is the kind of ruthless decision we need to make if we want to kick on next season. Hopefully Gordon will follow.

I see there’s been a pretty negative reaction to this news from some fans on the Twitter feed. Can’t wait to see the heads explode when Penrice is away as well.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Good decision. Cardle played his part this season and glad that he can leave on a high, but this is the kind of ruthless decision we need to make if we want to kick on next season. Hopefully Gordon will follow.

I see there’s been a pretty negative reaction to this news from some fans on the Twitter feed. Can’t wait to see the heads explode when Penrice is away as well.

Fans on Facebook wanting us to sign ATS based on what he did 8 years ago. One even suggested we put as much effort into signing him as trying to sign Tiffoney Granted he was a great player for us but reading Motherwell and Livi fans he has been hampered by injuries past few years and has lost pace.  A couple even going as far as saying he is finished.

Some of the fans can’t seem to see he is not the player of 8 years ago and we could sign him and he would be injured again.  Some of these fans probably tho we should sign Erskine again 

if any more players were to leave I wouldn’t be fussed if it was oware.  Again he has been unfortunate with injury but I think it’s reasonable to guess he is on a high wage and even when fit has been a bit of a pale shadow of the player he was for Morton. Especially if his wage could be used better elsewhere 

5 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Rumours of Charlie Mulgrew signing for Glasgow's Great Alternatives...

👀👀👀

I feel like this is becoming the new Mikael Mandron. 

Probably the right decision for Cardle, at best he was going to end up a sub or squad player next season. 

So far McCall signing up and letting go of the right players which is quite refreshing.