The Partick Thistle thread

Season tickets available now . prices same as last year

I'm quite happy with that but I'm sure there'll still be plenty of things to complain about .

Also, additional benefits as follows

Free entry to any second round 2015-16 League Cup tie played at Firhill.

Free access to our exclusive TAG Core membership scheme which brings with it access to all PTTV videos, entry into a monthly prize draw and access to a special discount website, exclusive to TAG users, giving fantastic discounts at dozens of local businesses. A full list of the participating businesses will be available soon.

Everyone who buys a season ticket by May 31st will also be entered into a prize draw to win the chance to nominate a supporter under the age of 16 to be part of the official first team kit launch.

Exclusive invite to an early season meet the manager night

Reciprocal pricing benefits for away games. The club is trying hard to set up reciprocal agreements with as many Premiership clubs as possible to discount the price of entry to away games for season ticket holders. Details of which clubs will be included will be released in due course.

Can't really argue with that. Good to see the price not rising anyway. The benefits are all a bit meh for me, although free entry to watch a potential 2nd round League Cup match is good. I still resent paying for that shitfest of a game against St Mirren. Although the wording is odd - guessing it means if we get an away tie in the 2nd round, it's tough titties?

Archie will bring in people none of us have heard of and they will mostly all be improvements. It will be a shame to see some people leave but I'm not too bothered given Archie's transfer record recently (no pressure eh?!)

The manager's comments in the press suggest that the budget will be tight. Given our lower crowds this season, he may have even less to spend in the window. The big question is whether the club can afford to sign Taylor permanently, especially if the (rumoured) agreed fee is substantial.

Over the last couple of season, several players have had their contracts terminated and were replaced by better players in the January window. The end of January and February period was awful and may have cost us a top 6 finish. Hopefully, there will be no repeat next season.

The manager's comments in the press suggest that the budget will be tight. Given our lower crowds this season, he may have even less to spend in the window. The big question is whether the club can afford to sign Taylor permanently, especially if the (rumoured) agreed fee is substantial.

Over the last couple of season, several players have had their contracts terminated and were replaced by better players in the January window. The end of January and February period was awful and may have cost us a top 6 finish. Hopefully, there will be no repeat next season.

With Hearts coming back up and also the chance of Hibs or Sevco ( hopefully not in the latter case) coming up and also I think we are due 2 home games. V Celtic next season, let's hope the board release the purse strings and get some half decent replacements if the expected 4 or 5 leave

One positive is that we knew 3 weeks before the end of the season rather than 3 days last time we were safe, so even if the supporters don't know who is staying and going, Archie must have a fair idea and consequently knows who he needs to target. In fact I'm sure he said in an interview "there are players out there who are available now" so given his relatively decent signing record, I'm quietly optimistic.

Of course, if we sign someone like Kirk Broadfoot I'll throw my toys right out the fucking pram...

Clubs down south release players by the dozen, hopefully we've been keeping track of a few. The likes of Higgy, Osman and Seaborne have been great signings from doing that.

On a related note my pal was talking to Gallacher the other day who has said he's staying with us, probably continuing as a player/coach.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

Clubs down south release players by the dozen, hopefully we've been keeping track of a few. The likes of Higgy, Osman and Seaborne have been great signings from doing that.

On a related note my pal was talking to Gallacher the other day who has said he's staying with us, probably continuing as a player/coach.

Think Galls has gone over the top, though probably decent enough for the odd game here and there, but it will be a massive risk if we start young Scully next season.

Interesting that we only added two first teamers in the January Window compared with 2014 where we added 5 or 6.

Our budget could be pretty low again this summer. Hopefully a higher league placing, any Ladbrokes money and additional sponsorship can fill the gap.

Would anyone be up for sponsoring a player's top for the coming season?

The Dee boys raised a fair bit.

Very true and there could be a few loan options too. ATS is the obvious one but the manager rightly got Booth in first. There are lots development squad players at the big clubs who are in their 20s but have little chance of first-team action. Many go out on loan to League One and Two clubs. The key question is should the management team develop other clubs' players rather than our own.

Think Galls has gone over the top, though probably decent enough for the odd game here and there, but it will be a massive risk if we start young Scully next season.

most other premier league clubs have a full time goalkeeper coach who is separate from the team anyway so only natural galls progresses onto this. He seems to be respected by Archie and all at the club and seems to have been good at developing Marc waters so be happy for him to stay with us

He's always done a good job when called upon and he's the guy you want in goal when it comes to penalties. He'd probably walk into a few other Premiership teams as well. Of course we have the luxury of having steel wall Scott fox in goals at the moment.

I'm assuming if you renew it just loads onto the same card as before? Can't see anything on the website about it.

Yep. You don't need to do anything, except keep the confirmation e mail in a case there's a cock up and your card doesn't work next season.