The Partick Thistle thread

Any fan, who sits and thinks our results and overall football has been ok? I don't know if they can call themselves sane.

We've played some decent stuff in patches. Very small patches of course. Against Kilmarnock we had a very good half an hour, and same against Dundee. If you're talking overall, then no, not really.

I wasn't there on Saturday -and I'd guess most of the abuse going would have been at the home team's goalkeeper- but I think in general the support at the games has been fine. Dundee in particular I thought up until the goal there was good backing. Folk will always let off steam online though. Not sure we've really been unlucky with injuries either, compare us to ICT for example who have had to play folk out of position to get 11 on the park and not been able to fill the bench at various points this season.

Obviously we can get out of this and I wouldn't take an 11th place finish now, that said, the post- game stats on WAT were horrendous, think this is our longest winless run in 25 years if you include the tail end of last season, the worst start to a season since 1986, and the first time we've failed to score in 9 out of 10 games in the 139 year history of the club. For all that we lost a few players over the summer, of the team that started on Saturday, 9 were at the club last season, only Cerny and Dumbuya were new additions so it's not as if it's a totally new team trying to gel which is the worrying part for me. On the plus side those same 9 players did dig themselves out of a hole at the tail end of last season so there's hope yet.

I've certainly never been one for the "more strikers = more goals" theory (the eye-bleeding second half against Falkirk should put that to bed) but I think we do need to get Muirhead playing centrally and just off Doolan to get the best out of both of them.

Edited by Fuctifano

We've signed Ryan Edwards, Australian attacking midfielder and u-23 international last seen at Reading.

edit: the website says we've signed him to 2106, so hoping for a good long career from him. He's also an inentionalist, whatever that is, sounds like a branch of philosophy.

post-107-0-58965200-1443089902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano