The Partick Thistle thread

When is Milne due to return? I know he didn’t play against Kelty, and haven’t really read anything about the St Johnstone bounce game, so no idea if he featured in that.

Possibly a loan move for Ngwenya is an indication that Milne is a wee bit off being ready, and with the games coming thick & fast as of Saturday it gives us a competent backup for the next few weeks.

Or, shudder at the thought, Milne might be sold in this window. Feels like a fairly substantial drop off from Milne to Ngwenya if so.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

When is Milne due to return? I know he didn’t play against Kelty, and haven’t really read anything about the St Johnstone bounce game, so no idea if he featured in that.

Possibly a loan move for Ngwenya is an indication that Milne is a wee bit off being ready, and with the games coming thick & fast as of Saturday it gives us a competent backup for the next few weeks.

Or, shudder at the thought, Milne might be sold in this window. Feels like a fairly substantial drop off from Milne to Ngwenya if so.

Milne started vs St J based on a video someone posted on FB from just before the kick off. If Ngwenya is purely a LB it's probably a combination of both the things you say.

I actually thought we were meant to have another bounce game before Saturday but guessing if it's not today then we aren't having one.

Edited by Fuctifano

8 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Doolan said he didn't expect any more players leaving 

Yeah, probably more to do with why we are bringing in a player that wasn't much good, at Raith last season, who plays a position we probably have cover for.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Yeah, probably more to do with why we are bringing in a player that wasn't much good, at Raith last season, who plays a position we probably have cover for.

Do we have cover for it? It’s almost certainly not a great idea to throw Milne back in to play every minute of every game straight away, so if we are going to manage his full return, I really don’t know who we’d be playing there. Sticking in a 16 year old doesn’t seem ideal. 

On McMillan, didn’t the tweet before the Kelty game say he wasn’t being risked due to a minor knock. No reason to think there’s any more to it than that imo. 

Just now, JagsCG said:

Can’t Muirhead play RB? 

He hasn't for us, this time, and certainly not in the preseason games. He will be playing centrally next to Wasiri Williams barring anything too out of the ordinary on Saturday.

Yeah in this interview it does seem like we won’t see any new faces possibly for a few weeks, as he makes a point of having people in ahead of the league campaign beginning and using youngsters in the league cup. It’s good that he’s positive about the academy and obviously it’s great if a few of the academy boys can become regulars but can’t say it’s not a bit disappointing we won’t have 1 or 2 in the door in the immediate future. 

On the one hand a bit disappointing, on the other hand the game tomorrow is an ideal opportunity to have a proper look at Mackenzie, Lyon and Stanway in a competitive situation. 

Assuming no injuries the team picks itself anyway. Only real question is who will partner Bannigan in the middle. 

What positions do Turay and Taggart play so I can add them to the squad list? I know diack is a CF

Just to reiterate my dislike of this league cup group stage, we (and everyone else) shouldn't have to have a squad ready for competitive games in mid July. If everyone is fit we should have enough to see off Peterhead and Spartans but the United / Falkirk games will likely determine whether we get through the group and a potentially lucrative cup run if we get the right draws. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Daft question that i could probably check with the club tbf, but i paid for a season ticket (new) at the start of the month after payday and just wonder if anyone here has already received theirs if buying new - How long roughly will it take to arrive? Im assuming ST sales are healthy so perhaps a bit of a backlog.

Got time til the new season anyway but ill call the club end of next week if ive not got it to see if its in the post.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely