The Partick Thistle thread

Tony Watt appears to be out of favour at United (not even on the bench today), wonder if he's someone we will look at to bring in on loan. Different type of striker to Graham and whilst I'm not a massive fan of his showed last season he can score goals at this level. Might well be a non-starter due to finance, game time etc. 

20 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Tony Watt appears to be out of favour at United (not even on the bench today), wonder if he's someone we will look at to bring in on loan. Different type of striker to Graham and whilst I'm not a massive fan of his showed last season he can score goals at this level. Might well be a non-starter due to finance, game time etc. 

Seem to be rumours on Twitter that he’s joining shortly. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Seem to be rumours on Twitter that he’s joining shortly. 

Deleted his Twitter/ x account.

He's going somewhere it would seem.

Talent-wise he'd be a great addition to most teams in this league but question marks over attitude?

Aye I literally only got told that last night that we are talking to United about trying to get Watt on a loan deal. Apparently what percentage of his wage we’d pay is what is holding the deal up. 

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

Aye I literally only got told that last night that we are talking to United about trying to get Watt on a loan deal. Apparently what percentage of his wage we’d pay is what is holding the deal up. 

Rumoured to be on somewhere near £5k p/w at United, so it’s going to have to be a hefty wage contribution from them for us to land him.

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Rumoured to be on somewhere near £5k p/w at United, so it’s going to have to be a hefty wage contribution from them for us to land him.

That’s true but you’d imagine it will have to be a hefty wage contribution from them for anyone to land him. Insane that United are paying any player let alone Watt that kind of money. 

On 29/07/2024 at 22:56, Skyline Drifter said:

The issue here is that the two teams and the referees access Comet on matchday using an app (home team may be using the desktop version I suppose). Once both teams have pressed 'Confirm' on their line up then both and the officials can see both line ups on different pages of the app. At the same time everybody receives an email with a pdf of the line ups.

If you use the pdf version it puts the 20th player on p2 because it can only fit 19 on the front page. It puts both teams 20th player on p2 side by side. You could NOT see one and not the other.

Not particularly wishing to rake back over this issue again but just to put it to bed, notable on Saturday that the SFA have redesigned the pdf Comet report and now all the players from both squads are on p1 of the report. Instead they've moved the coaches down to the bottom of the list and taken out some of the redundant fields above. It looks much better now.

I'm sure it's no consolation.............

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not particularly wishing to rake back over this issue again but just to put it to bed, notable on Saturday that the SFA have redesigned the pdf Comet report and now all the players from both squads are on p1 of the report. Instead they've moved the coaches down to the bottom of the list and taken out some of the redundant fields above. It looks much better now.

We're not exactly tearing our hair out about it - in fact, until you brought it back up I'd forgotten all about it.

Good to see that were helping improve things for everyone though!

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were using league cup as a trial and were quite glad that our issue happened. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were using league cup as a trial and were quite glad that our issue happened. 

Seemingly they knew this was an issue and I think it was QOTS who came out and said they had brought it to the SFA's attention a while before the "incident".

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Scott Burns is teasing Thistle news this morning on his twitter.

Jags target Grimshaw loan

Partick Thistle want to sign Liam Grimshaw on-loan.

Dundee United have give the Jags permission to open talks.

Thistle boss Kris Doolan wants to bring in Grimshaw for their Championship promotion push.

The 29-year-old played a key role in getting United back into the Premiership last season.

United boss Jim Goodwin has since brought in 10 new signings and now Grimshaw has fallen down the pecking order.

The former Motherwell player has to decide whether he wants to go to Firhill and play or to remain on the fringes at Tannadice.

From Daily Record

20 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Jags target Grimshaw loan

Partick Thistle want to sign Liam Grimshaw on-loan.

Dundee United have give the Jags permission to open talks.

Thistle boss Kris Doolan wants to bring in Grimshaw for their Championship promotion push.

The 29-year-old played a key role in getting United back into the Premiership last season.

United boss Jim Goodwin has since brought in 10 new signings and now Grimshaw has fallen down the pecking order.

The former Motherwell player has to decide whether he wants to go to Firhill and play or to remain on the fringes at Tannadice.

From Daily Record

Would certainly help our RB Position if this works out.

Just now, R&Y99 said:

Scott Burns has a good track record with linking us with signings. Grimshaw was mentioned weeks ago, so it looks like we are revisiting that.

Aye, he was mentioned early doors. Loan deals can take a while to sort out as it is all down to the parent club and if they find them surplus to their needs, with more experienced players like Grimshaw.