The Partick Thistle thread

Not an exciting signing but he's a stop gap backup until Mackay then Lawless are ready. Not an area we probably want to spend much wages so it will do. More concerned that the Striker on loan we get is of a similar profile and doesn't have many professional goals. 

I like the look and sound of the wide player Smith. I think he’ll be a suitable stop gap as someone mentioned before on a low cost until Stevie or Mackay are back. As for the striker, I will never write off anyone before seeing them but his stats out on loan in the English lower divisions don’t make for great reading. Welcome to both and hopefully both are into the squad for tomorrow. Especially if graham is missing which is a huge blow. Big chance for ricco to step up and take his chance. 

I guess Blade has different attributes to Diack and Graham in being absolutely rapid. Not enthralled with his record though, not been able to string much goalscoring form. Diack not going to go on loan now as he's probably better than Ablade. 

Would of liked a striker in the mould of Adeloye but we must of spent the money elsewhere. 

I know Ablade doesn’t hold the best goal scoring record, but a quick strong striker can make a difference to teams even if they aren’t super prolific.

I think back to Azeez and what he offered us in the top six season. Sure, he was incredibly frustrating at times with the amount of chances he squandered, but he offered something important to the team and I honestly believe we missed some of what he offered the following season.

I hope Ablade finds goal scoring form for us, but I’m definitely not writing him off based on his record at his previous loans.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Talk that Brian Graham is out tomorrow 💀

Not mentioned by Kris in his pre-match but possibly just not wanting to give anything away to the opposition given how big a miss Graham would be. 

I’m always hopeful that any player from an English Premiership or championship U23’s team can do the job. Fitz being a prime example, however he did perform at this level before he got his move down south so maybe not a great comparison.

In three weeks time I’ll probably come back to this and file them under Mukendi, Wes, Antonio German and many others that never kicked a ball for us. Fingers crossed I’m wrong! 

I would say in mitigation that of the 24 games at first team level played on loan, he started 2 and played the equivalent of about 6 and a bit games in total; his scoring record for Fulham u21s isn't terrible (15 in 35 starts) but zero goals at first team level for a striker who turns 23 in October is still obviously a bit of a concern.

We definitely needed some more pace in the team though and from the Jagzone interview it sounds as if we have been tracking him a while through whoever our contact is at Fulham, though I guess Doolan isn't going to say it's a total punt.

59 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I think back to Azeez and what he offered us in the top six season. Sure, he was incredibly frustrating at times with the amount of chances he squandered, but he offered something important to the team and I honestly believe we missed some of what he offered the following season.

I was convinced that even after he left us, Azeez would end up having one random season 4 years later in the Conference South where everything he hit went in and end up scoring about 30, but obviously got that one wrong.

On 23/08/2024 at 17:26, Nightmare said:

He sounds ecstatic to be here in his introductory interview.

That’s your example of tinpottery right there.

if an interview is that bad, don’t put it out.   
It does beg the question how things are being run at Firhill. If I was a director I’d find that embarrassing. Is there any proof reading/viewing of what is released from Firhill. 

11 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

It does beg the question how things are being run at Firhill. If I was a director I’d find that embarrassing. Is there any proof reading/viewing of what is released from Firhill. 

Yup,spot on ...Club needs to get a grip on and off the Park.

16 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

2 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Yup,spot on ...Club needs to get a grip on and off the Park.

What a crock of pish. There are issues but interviewing a new player aren't one of them. There'd be more questions asked if there was no chat.

Do you not remember Tiff and Rudds double act post-match after we thrashed Accies 6-1?

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s the kind of pish that only spouted because we’ve got 1 point from 3 games. If we were on 6/7, no one would care even the slightest bit that an interviewee seemed less than enthusiastic. 

tim and eric comedy GIF

Fair play to have a laugh at the video but to wet your kickers about it is tin-pot.

Edited by Claudia Gentile