The Partick Thistle thread

At present we only have 1. The big German. Scully I think we can agree showed some nice development as season progressed and has potential. Cerny is different level and possibly best in league at present. Close to it.

No arguments from me there. He's still a time-wasting w**k tbf though.

18 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Mark Ridgers signing when the window opens.

He's looking for a club after coming back from Orlando B.  His father in law is a director at Ross County and he has been training up here until he finds somewhere.

As far as backup keepers go I think he's a decent option for the majority of the league. 

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How was Dan Seaborne for you guys? Anyone sad to see him go?

He has been absolutely terrible for us. Hoping he'll improve obviously, but he looks increasingly like an awful signing.

I quite liked him, and would have kept him instead of bringing in Devine before this season, which looked like a good call as Devine put in some stinkers early in the season. He's picked up his performances now, though, while Seaborne seems to be struggling, so maybe not.

I always thought Dan was quite good at the 'dark arts' of defending - he got away with a lot of blatant fouls, holding in the box, that sort of stuff. He was pretty reliable for us apart from that he conveniently got injured every time we were about to play Celtic.

I didn't think he was great. He had decent moments and early on this season he looked like a loss to the team but in the last 3/4 games Devine and Lindsay have shown how good they can be. Plus Barton is a level above for sure. Frans for me is the bigger loss. I suppose every supporter will have a slightly different view.

21 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How was Dan Seaborne for you guys? Anyone sad to see him go?

He has been absolutely terrible for us. Hoping he'll improve obviously, but he looks increasingly like an awful signing.

Wasn't particularly disappointed to see him leave and I feel there is a tad of sentimentality clouding folks' views given the underwhelming performances of Devine this season.

He was a decent enough centre half but not without his flaws. I think it was the correct decision to let him leave and perhaps his performances for Accies so far are evidence of that.

Always felt that losing Frans was the bigger blow than losing Seaborne. Frans was a class defender but I'm not sure we really stood a chance even if Archie had got the chequebook out as by all accounts he got a substantial wage boost and was in any case returning to his old club.

Warm memories of a rather fine spring evening three years ago, Archie. I am expecting him to have improved or turn the 'crap with us, good against us' rule on its head.

Psycho centreback and forward itching to score goals and knows what a net looks like next.

From Facebook:

10 years ago I was lucky enough to go out to Accra, Ghana and was given unbelievable support from fellow jags fans and local schools. Over 100 Thistle shirts accompanied me along with donated football equipment. I spent 3 months volunteering my time with the under 11 team at the Future Leaders UCC. Billa who founded the charity passed away suddenly two weeks ago. He was always thankful of the support given by Thistle and our fans. Today, Bernard Tekpetey, one of the boys I met 10 years ago, was named in the Ghana team for the African Nations Cup. Billa would be proud of him and would recognise the support provided that helped Bernard to where he is today. Proud to be a jag (and the colours on that Ghana training top are fantastic!)

FB_IMG_1483441706614.jpg

What a club :wub:

57 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

From Facebook:

10 years ago I was lucky enough to go out to Accra, Ghana and was given unbelievable support from fellow jags fans and local schools. Over 100 Thistle shirts accompanied me along with donated football equipment. I spent 3 months volunteering my time with the under 11 team at the Future Leaders UCC. Billa who founded the charity passed away suddenly two weeks ago. He was always thankful of the support given by Thistle and our fans. Today, Bernard Tekpetey, one of the boys I met 10 years ago, was named in the Ghana team for the African Nations Cup. Billa would be proud of him and would recognise the support provided that helped Bernard to where he is today. Proud to be a jag (and the colours on that Ghana training top are fantastic!)

FB_IMG_1483441706614.jpg

What a club :wub:

Great story. RIP Billa. Best wishes to Bernard Tekpetey in the African Nations Cup.

Left back and striker our priority with sowah gone it should free up some wages but I would still prefer to have kept him as he really did look the part. 

Disgusted with the way Sowah's been treated. Not put a foot wrong and that dick Archie releases him.