The Partick Thistle thread

someone on twitter said to Meekings 'looking forward to seeing you at PTFC' and he replied 'do you know something I don't?' unless that means he just hasn't been offered a deal yet, doesn't sound to me as though he has been on trial.

1 hour ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I have no issue starting the season with Elliott and Booth. We have Penrice as cover on the left (although I'd prefer him to go out on loan and get game time) but as a minimum we need suitable cover on the right.

Elliott is cover. He's a stop-gap right back. A temporary solution.

1 hour ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

IMO ideally by the end of the transfer window we'll have Storey, Meekings and any new right back.

8 minutes ago, costa said:

someone on twitter said to Meekings 'looking forward to seeing you at PTFC'...

13 minutes ago, costa said:

someone on twitter said to Meekings 'looking forward to seeing you at PTFC' and he replied 'do you know something I don't?' unless that means he just hasn't been offered a deal yet, doesn't sound to me as though he has been on trial.

Our fans are awful.

25 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I remember a time when chat in this thread pre season was good.

Do you? All I can remember is this mixture of knicker-wetting and wholly unrealistic optimism. Not quite on the scale of WAT, but still.

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

I still think we need better than Booth, but that seems to be put on the back burner whilst we sort out a central defender, striker and probably a right back now.

Agreed, although Elliott was arguably better than him there for the second half of last season.

4 hours ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

IMO ideally by the end of the transfer window we'll have Storey, Meekings and any new right back.

If Archie can score a fit Meekings and bring in Storey we'll all be wetting our underpants.

Isn't Meekings also an injury liability? Seems to me we need two players one at CB and one at FB that are going to be higher quality than we have and are not injury prone.

No easy task.

What happened to the story that we are negotiating for O'Halloran? :unsure2: 

To be fair all three of these links are players of a higher calibre but massively surprised if we can pull them off.

One thing from Archie in the Dumbarton preview stuck out to me:

Didn't have anything planned in the budget to get another fullback (was happy with the 4) - so maybe we spent a relativley large fee for Keown? Or the rest of the budget was reserved for a "quality" target?

From ptfc.co.uk:

“We may have to go out and get a full-back now which we weren’t planning on. We were happy to go into the season with Dumbuya, Booth, Elliott and Penrice – loan dependant. We also have to look at options up front because suddenly we only have one striker who’s scored a Premiership goal so we will be looking in the market.”

I can't see us hanging around long to see if Penrice becomes available. We currently have no signed left back with our first competitive match being a week today.

I reckon if he's coming to us the deal will need to be sorted in the next week. Of course he could end up elsewhere should the situation drag on beyond the weekend but I suppose the longer it takes the less chance he has of ending up in the Championship.