The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Just kinda generally shite, more so in the first half than the 2nd half where he's had little to do. Wikipedia suggests he's a midfielder? Was playing at centre half tonight and struggled dealing with Nade.

Plays both central midfield and defence. Naturally a CM, but plays the sweeper role in a back 3/5 really well. CB in a back 4 isn't his ideal position, and Nade is the sort of player I'd imagine he'd struggle against.

Any other standouts (good or bad) for Thistle?

Plays both central midfield and defence. Naturally a CM, but plays the sweeper role in a back 3/5 really well. CB in a back 4 isn't his ideal position, and Nade is the sort of player I'd imagine he'd struggle against.
Any other standouts (good or bad) for Thistle?

To be fair I mostly looking out for our new guys and trialists and kept a keen eye on Penrice who I thought looked very confident on the ball and showed some really nice touches.

I can't believe Ryan Edwards isn't South American. Quite the look he's sporting, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting to swatch the team sheet and see an Eduardo or Rodrigo.

To be fair I mostly looking out for our new guys and trialists and kept a keen eye on Penrice who I thought looked very confident on the ball and showed some really nice touches.

I can't believe Ryan Edwards isn't South American. Quite the look he's sporting, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting to swatch the team sheet and see an Eduardo or Rodrigo.

Unfortunately Ryan has the pass completion of a South Sea Islander :(

Not reading too much into it, but Archie needs to go. Shocking performance.

Bannigan was excellent tonight, Barton was awful, Lamont did well when he came on, Scully is back to his old self, our defending for both goals was hilarious, Seagull was MOTM.

3 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Bannigan was excellent tonight, Barton was awful, Lamont did well when he came on, Scully is back to his old self, our defending for both goals was hilarious, Seagull was MOTM.

Trialist?

9 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Why do you guys still have Scully by the way, is it just for sentimental reasons now? I remember him having a 'mare at the Rock in a friendly a few years ago when we won 4-1, and thought he'd be long gone by now. Fair play to him for hanging around as a sort of professional number 3 'keeper, but I thought tonight would've been ideal for Sneddon.

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

There's a few things confirmed already on jagzone

Storey was not with the team in England - was some other miles

It was Penrice not Meekings in the number 6 jersey from last week

new home shirt out on Thursday 

Could it be Myles Hippolyte? Patrick Thistle enquired about him around April/May time but I hadn't heard anything since. He wasn't in our squad tonight for a pre-season friendly but was with the squad in Hungary for the pre-season tour. Probably not him but just throwing a name into the mix.