The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm looking into getting a statue of John Lambie commissioned. 

Good idea? Obviously check this is okay with family and consult with club. 

Flags almost complete and still £2000 with the club. Seems a good starting fund. 

Anyone know anything about the cost of this or know any budding sculptors?

There'll be a bloody doo on top of it in 0.000001 of a second.

Foxy, as far as I recall there's been a shitload of top-notch Confederate statuary hauled down in the US. You could get one cheap then put a new noggin on it.

Being a Gers man I've got to say it's sad to see Thistle in such a state these days, we've had some smashing trips to Firhill of late and it's embarrassing to see us with more than double the home support. Jags turning into Accies at New Douglas Park, where are all the fans? 

Edited by The Genius666

56 minutes ago, The Genius666 said:

Being a Gers man I've got to say it's sad to see Thistle in such a state these days, we've had some smashing trips to Firhill of late and it's embarrassing to see us with more than double the home support. Jags turning into Accies at New Douglas Park, where are all the fans? 

This one might have worked better if it wasn't posted in the immediate aftermath of your own mob's hilarious embarrassment.

Edited by Nightmare

A Rangers fans questioning where the fans went. Interesting.

At least he's honest.

It'll be Cerny, and it'll be a deserved win as he's the only player who has played regularly and hasn't been shite, but really Erskine is right. It's been an appalling season and when 2 of the guys on your POTY list just shouldn't be there, and the other is a loanee, it shows how terrible a year we've had.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It appears Erskine agrees with you. 

Feel a wee bit for Erskine - he was trying hard against Killie last time out (to the extent that he ended up blowing out his arse after about 60 mins) and he was clearly really, really distraught about his red card against Rangers*, after which he's not really looked the same for us... hope he gets back on form soon.

Cerny's penalty save against Dundee and Sammon's handful of goals are pretty much as good as it's gotten for us. Maybe McCarthy or Lawless who put in a good shift for a few games at LWB, but overall I'd agree it's slim pickings.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I'm voting Erskine on the basis he should have won it in the promotion season but because news of his PCA to Tannadice had leaked, fucking Balatoni swept the board. 

That and I want to see him win the award and smash it into pieces or Lob it into the Clyde on the way out.