The Partick Thistle thread

We seriously need to take the fullbacks, wingbacks and wingers aside and force them to work on their delivery all fucking week. It’s been the same all season with over-hit and under-hit crosses that don’t beat the 1st man or too close to the keeper. 

ETA. Perfect example was last week vs Accies, the 1st decent delivery to Doolan = goal

Edited by cilitbang

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If it's not a draw I'd rather Dundee won tbh.

I don't trust us to have to go to Dens and get a result if Dundee were still in with a shout so if Dundee can beat Accies and Ross County in their next 2 and go into the final game safe and on their holidays I'd take our chances of going there knowing a result could put us 10th (or 11th if we f**k up one of our home games).

Good shout. Dundee win two in a row while we pick up 4 (or 6) points. Then the Dees gift us a last-day win. County doon. Accies in the playoff. Everyone's a winner. 

Happy enough with a point today - edges us a wee bit further away from County.  An absolute must-win up next against them.  Here's hoping we don't contrive to lose 2-3 like that game a few years back at our place.  At least this time we don't have Mexican model and occasional footballer Gabriel Piccolo playing 'for' us.

Archie - please keep B Spittal on the bench (or better still, completely outside the matchday squad) for the rest of these games. Thanks.

Good shout. Dundee win two in a row while we pick up 4 (or 6) points. Then the Dees gift us a last-day win. County doon. Accies in the playoff. Everyone's a winner. 

We win next week at home and with Dundee still for us to play and Motherwell in the cup final we’ve got a solid chance now. Dundee /Accies next week will be interesting. The boys are fighting!!! Today’s point whilst we played terrible, they didn’t give up. That’s important and keeps confidence up. I hope everyone gets to Firhill next week and makes this like the Morton game in the promotion year. We get to 5 points clear of bottom and within 1 of Dundee or Accies and momentum will be with us. #MontheJags

We were pretty crap today against a team missing a few players. We were back to our usual, created nothing, from open play. Sammon needs to play until the end of the season. Someone behind me shouted today "Are you shaggin Spittal, Archie?". I think that could be the case. 

13 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Happy enough with a point today - edges us a wee bit further away from County.  An absolute must-win up next against them.  Here's hoping we don't contrive to lose 2-3 like that game a few years back at our place.  At least this time we don't have Mexican model and occasional footballer Gabriel Piccolo playing 'for' us.

Archie - please keep B Spittal on the bench (or better still, completely outside the matchday squad) for the rest of these games. Thanks.

I agree with this spittal  comment.. He s not quick enough to play side and doesn't have the balls to play in the middle.. Personally I'd like us to maybe push Elliot to the right wing and put mcginn at rb

On 28/04/2018 at 19:45, Firhill_Basin said:

We were pretty crap today against a team missing a few players. We were back to our usual, created nothing, from open play. Sammon needs to play until the end of the season. Someone behind me shouted today "Are you shaggin Spittal, Archie?". I think that could be the case. 

Agreed mate. Sammon has to start, particularly against County. I know a fair few County fans that dread playing against him, must be for a good reason. But aside from that, he's a fucking menace and is looking most likely to get us out of this mess. 

Bannigan played an hour for the development squad which means he should be back in time to be injured for the playoffs.

As for the development squad, they lost 2-1, their 6th defeat in a row and finished without a win in 14 games (since 28 November!). I get results aren't everything at that level but we always seemed to have about 3 subs available at any given time. Maybe it's been decided that bar McCarthy and Penrice that the older ones were better out on loan and playing a younger team in these matches. Or maybe we're just pish. On the plus side, we didn't finish bottom due to a good start, finished 3rd bottom above Killie and Falkirk.

I agree with this spittal  comment.. He s not quick enough to play side and doesn't have the balls to play in the middle.. Personally I'd like us to maybe push Elliot to the right wing and put mcginn at rb

Thankfully you’re not the manager.

Now were safe good luck to the Thistle for the rest of the season,hopefully you catch that disgusting excuse of a football team Accies.I and most Dundee supporters would happily give you the 3 points last game of the season so you can send that sh*'te down.Love the Harryrags one of the best days out in Scottish football.