The Partick Thistle thread

It's very much another Scott Fox scenario - player with ridiculous delusions of grandeur with regards to his own ability signs for a club that finished below us and just avoided the relegation play-offs. Perhaps we'll find a superior replacement within a week, like we did with the aforementioned Fox.

Next!

Was about to ask about the kits then saw this on Joma's twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K0h1jnSDxQ

How can that be considered a teaser when there's no kit in it? :lol:

Absolutely dreadful clip. Glad to see the kit will be red and yellow. #respect

Date suggests it's launched tomorrow , TTL have confirmed available to buy 1st July.

Thing about Higgy and Fox is both of them have signed for clubs that make no sense given their comments in the last 2 months (Fox on Scotland exposure, Higgy on plastic pitches) which is a bit odd. O'Donnell might have sold himself a bit short in terms of league but as others have said Luton look to be going in the right direction.

While I accept that pretty much everyone in this league will pay higher wages than us, slightly surprised that a top 6 team weren't willing to take a punt on Higgy as a squad player, maybe it just does come down to him asking for a few bob which Killie have saved with Eremenko being away and seeing him as a replacement.

edit: my tablet hates paragraphs.

Edited by Fuctifano

What would the starting 11 be at the moment then?

Cerny

Booth

Frans

Seaborne

Elliott?

Osman

Fraser/Bannigan

Lawless

Stevenson

?

Doolan

McDaid would probably be the ? and that line up shows where we're short- right back, attacking midfield / winger , and striker.

Unlike Fox who I thought was bang average, I'm surprised to see so many folk thinking he won't be much of a loss.

I'll miss him big time. We all know he blew hot and cold, but his stats were still decent and when he was on form it was a joy to watch. A real trier. Disappointed to see him at Killie.

Was about to ask about the kits then saw this on Joma's twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K0h1jnSDxQ

How can that be considered a teaser when there's no kit in it? :lol:

What the f**k is the point in that video? It does nothing.

Will be interesting seeing the kit, including mental sponsor (and hopefully some more Kingsley), tomorrow.

One of the worst marketing videos I've ever seen. Joma and TTL are dire, although I reserve the right to retract that criticism if the new strip is a belter.

They have a few decent kits in their 15/16 range. They had a red and yellow half and half kit that actually looked pretty tidy.

It`s all very saying that these players will be no great loss and that the manager has a great track record in unearthing gems but these guys are going to our immediate competitors and teams who finished below us in the league. How does that look in marketing the club and selling season tickets?

For the first time in years I haven't bought my season ticket at this stage and wont be buying one if Taylor goes to Motherwell.

What would the starting 11 be at the moment then?

Cerny

Booth

Frans

Seaborne

Elliott?

Osman

Fraser/Bannigan

Lawless

Stevenson

?

Doolan

Gallacher and Welsh, if fit, could challenge for a starting place. Scully, Wilson, McDaid and Lindsay and Hendry would be on the bench. I think that Jack Hendry, now 20 and signed up for next season, can play at right-back. That would free up Elliott to play alongside Lawless and Stevenson.

Matthew McInally also played at right-back for the U20s, at the expense of Finnie, this year. I'm not sure whether he's under contract. There are several other promising young players who were out of contract in May. Hopefully, the club will give us an update soon.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Do Joma not know what year it is?

I thought it was a 'celebration' of when the Joma deal was announced or when our kit came out last year. It's neither, don't think anything happened on the 26th. Think they just done fucked up the year.

It`s all very saying that these players will be no great loss and that the manager has a great track record in unearthing gems but these guys are going to our immediate competitors and teams who finished below us in the league. How does that look in marketing the club and selling season tickets?

For the first time in years I haven't bought my season ticket at this stage and wont be buying one if Taylor goes to Motherwell.

Surely we'd have slightly more chance of signing Taylor if everybody who could got their season tickets in promptly?