The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Yes but I couldn’t care less who we beat.
I care about the amount of teams we beat.
Would trade Ibrox/Celtic Park victory for 2 wins against pish like Dundee.
Also has installed the leagues worst defence. (We have conceded more times than any other team in this league)

Also his win % is laughable.

Ye can take Archie for free. 

Ye can take Archie for free. 

I would take Archie over Canning.

Archie seems the kind of manager that would take no shite from any of our players.

Canning can’t look Imrie or Mackinnon in the eye.

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Firstly I do a apologise i thought he was on loan for a year before he signed.

.Secondly he played in our team for 3 seasons ? Whilst we were in the Premiership?

But he’s not good enough for the Premiership or teams in the league we will be in next season.

Bollocks

Playing does not equal playing well. He's been a liability for years and being in a better team masked it to an extent. Now he's in a team full of jobbers of a similar ability to him and it exposes him for being completely shite.

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

I would take Archie over Canning.

Archie seems the kind of manager that would take no shite from any of our players.

Canning can’t look Imrie or Mackinnon in the eye.

He took enough shite for Livingston to bowl us over. En route we let in late goals left right and centre, Out now.  Fans have had enough.

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

Playing does not equal playing well. He's been a liability for years and being in a better team masked it to an extent. Now he's in a team full of jobbers of a similar ability to him and it exposes him for being completely shite.

For 3 and a half years ? 

I disagree with ye think he’s actually been one of our better players the last few seasons. 

Especially as the way Archie was playing our team was working at times because our full backs gave us width and Osman gave a f**k. 

Just my opinion !!

McIntyre would be OK. Thought he did pretty well with County.

Even if it meant Dodds coming as well.

MacIntyre would probably be my choice out of the realistic options we have, won County the cup and he has experience in the league.

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Doolan regularly got 10+ goals a season for a middling Thistle team. 

Hearts have signed a 37 year old striker from St Johnstone and Aberdeen have  4 goal Stevie May. Doolan would improve any of those squads.

I'm sure Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs would be delighted about signing a 31-year-old striker from a relegated side, who managed a massive six league goals this season ( seven if we include the play-off first leg)

Sad to see you go, even more so when you're being replaced by a shite club with no fans. Livi might be a good story, but they'll add f**k all to the league next season. 

Tony Macaroni Stadium says it all FFS. Absolute tinpot club. 

Would Partick really gain anything by punting Archibald at this stage? I'd have understood if it happened a few months ago to try and stop a slide into the playoffs, but he will get you out of the Championship. The guy seems to genuinely care, and  going down will allow you to cut some of the absolute dross from your squad.

Miles Storey is a fraud of a player, living off a good 6 months at ICT. Connor Sammon is fucking woeful also, what a sharp decline his career has taken.

Enjoy visiting some different grounds and pumping Dundee Utd, and we'll see you in a year's time. 

What’s Ray McKinnon up to? From (albeit limited) memory of his Brechin, Raith and United teams he tries to play the right way and gives young players a chance.

No to perms-diddies like McIntyre and Hughes, especially as they’ve both made careers of spending money on short term signings and slowly destroying the structure of the clubs they’re at.

6 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

What’s Ray McKinnon up to? From (albeit limited) memory of his Brechin, Raith and United teams he tries to play the right way and gives young players a chance.

No to perms-diddies like McIntyre and Hughes, especially as they’ve both made careers of spending money on short term signings and slowly destroying the structure of the clubs they’re at.

MacKinnon has already tried and made a c**t of winning the championship.

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

Hi lads . 

Just wanted to pop in to say that I truly feel for you Jags.  You are a great bunch an I have always had a real soft spot and great respect for you all* and your club, and am genuinely sad to see you drop down again this year.

That being said, i've always enjoyed a wee day at Firhill and am looking forward to seeing you all again next season..... Chin up.

* except Jagfox. My message to you and you alone is this...... Get It Right Fucking Up You!!!

84881C19-5B11-4613-B2AD-1D2463D33583.gif.ae6ceca64d22057edb33e52808b90bd6.gif

I said towards the end of the season that if Archie chucked it, I would take Hopkins as a replacement. Not much chance of that now, but he certainly knows how to set a limited team up and get them organised and fight for every ball. Things that we are sadly lacking. Might not be everybody's cup of tea but I would take Steve Craigan as manager. Did well when he was interim at Motherwell, was apparently gutted he didn't get the job and the Well fans I know think he is doing a good job with their development side. He asked to play us for his testimonial, so he obviously still has feelings for the club. Pretty sure he would encourage youth to come through the ranks.  I don't see the board sacking Archie, but looking at the BT Sport interview and the Jagzone one, he looks he has decided enough is enough.

Craigan didn’t want the Motherwell job. He is quite happy with his media work and youth role. Seems that he sees the media work being more steady and long term than a management role that could see him binned within a season or so.

I'm slightly concerned that unless Archie offers his resignation the board will continue with the status quo going into next season as if anything our home support has gone up over the last few games...

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

McIntyre would be OK. Thought he did pretty well with County.

Even if it meant Dodds coming as well.

County have never replaced Dodds as a dedicated strikers' coach. I can hardly believe I'm typing this, but he's far more of a "miss" than McIntyre.

I'm slightly concerned that unless Archie offers his resignation the board will continue with the status quo going into next season as if anything our home support has gone up over the last few games...

The shitebag board won’t sack him. No chance. Archie did have a resigned tone to his interview(s) yesterday, but I would be more worried if he didn’t. I don’t think anyone can question how much the club means to him and whether or not he cares, but this season was abysmal. Time for him to do the right thing.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also, pretty ridiculous to say a guy who somehow managed to get Thistle into the top six is suddenly absolutely hopeless.

Nothing sudden about it. We’ve been hopeless since we made the top six - pumped every week post-split and then an utterly miserable full season since then. Basically it’s been about 14 months since we were anything other than shite.

This is especially galling because there’s been no real reason for it, as the squad is almost entirely the same as when we made top six.