The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Sting777 said:

Spot on. I couldn't believe that Booth (especially) and Penrice were on the bench with right footed Christie Elliot playing in their position. Baffling  to say the least. Elliot at right back was the call. We missed a great chance to get after Livi down the flanks with the omission of Booth. Lawless was the only guy in the team that got pass marks from me today. Worked his backside off, with no little amount of skill involved.

Just don’t understand his decisions at all. 

Aye least with Elliot right back he could at least get to the by line and put the ball across.

With him cutting in from the left and putting it in with right foot it was just hitting Livis back 3 who were never going to be beaten that way.

Erskine and lawless tried their hardest. Thought McCarthy was an improvement from our midfield on Thursday. Booth tried to get down the line when he came on.

There just wasn’t really a plan on how to break Livi down. f**k Alexander said Livi had done their homework incase thistle got a penalty .. What was our plan at all ?? 

35 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Doolan regularly got 10+ goals a season for a middling Thistle team. 

Hearts have signed a 37 year old striker from St Johnstone and Aberdeen have  4 goal Stevie May. Doolan would improve any of those squads.

F*****g hell, Steven Maclean ages quick.  :(

15 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Just read this on Killie forum 

Two years ago Thistle condemned us to the play offs with a 2-0 win at Rugby Park. I remember their fans singing 'You're going down with united!'

KARMA!!

Pleasing. 

Please pass on my condolences to your fellow Killie fan for this harrowing experience. I hope he pulls through okay...

Anyway, looking on the bright side trips to Ayr, Dumfries and the highlands surpass the drudgery of visits to the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Perth (although there's some lovely scenery on the way up).

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Please pass on my condolences to your fellow Killie fan for this harrowing experience. I hope he pulls through okay...

I'm sure he bounced back straight after we absolutely pumped Falkirk 4-1 in the playoff. Strong showing from the Prem side that season. There always is, mind.

Sad to see Thistle go down. The fans I've met of theirs are all sound. Same can't be said for the rest of the league and I've never met a Hamilton fan before so reserve judgement. Gutted for Thistle fans today.

49 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m terrified that we might spend the next thirty years yo-yo ing between the lowest leagues in Scotland, like err, Morton.

That's the spirit - let the seethe flow though you.

Still,  I reckoned that you must have had something to show for your all-too-brief spell in the top flight to keep you going in the long, dark days ahead: a cup run to Hampden perhaps; or even just one single game against your Glasgow 'rivals' that you haven't either bottled or taken it up the hoop in.  Seems not though. 

A waste of everyone's time then.

55 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Public service announcement for Thistle fans who only started posting on here on or after 2012-13:

virginton craves a bite like Douglas Ross craves the crushing of gypsie travellers. Collectively ignore him and he’ll fall over like a useless p***k on national television too.

These are only players under contract. ( I think )

Cerny

Elliot              Keown                       Barton         Penrice 

Spittal          McCarthy               Edwards      Erskine                                                      

Storey        Doolan  

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Anyway, looking on the bright side trips to Ayr, Dumfries and the highlands surpass the drudgery of visits to the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Perth (although there's some lovely scenery on the way up).

Look on the bright side, you'll have loads of new teams fans to rim.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's the spirit - let the seethe flow though you.

Still,  I reckoned that you must have had something to show for your all-too-brief spell in the top flight to keep you going in the long, dark days ahead: a cup run to Hampden perhaps; or even just one single game against your Glasgow 'rivals' that you haven't either bottled or taken it up the hoop in.  Seems not though. 

A waste of everyone's time then.

TBF they got a top half finish. When did Morton last achieve that?

The Jags programme today could only find a picture of Archie lookin forlorn, thats how shite a season it has been. I've been at firhill since i didn't know what football was and my matchday experince was making sandcastles with my empty quenchy cup whilst my dad and uncle quenched there dry throats from there carry oots. we have been here before and no doubt be again, we are jags fans through and through. For what it is worth I would stick with Archie & Shaggie as they have done us proud since they brought us up.....lest we forget.

Anyhoo - no match reaction up on the website apart from the board statement, but there's post match thoughts from Archibald :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44191759

Can't fully read into that for whether he's a goner or not, but I would hazard a guess that the club will take a few days before anything is decided. They've given him a lot of time already, I can see them taking a few more days - maybe sounding out who else would be interested in the job - before confirming it either way.

I think he's gone, but if the club keep him he's got a lot to learn from this season. A start would be being more ruthless with under-performing players. players with poor injury track records, and we've got to be more proactive in the January window if the warning signs for a shiteshow like this is in the post.