The Partick Thistle thread

Not exactly an inspired signing is it? A striker who doesn't score goals. But Archibald has form for this. No doubt his fan club will tell us that Archibald is the man to turn round this guy's career and show him the way to goal. Just like he did with ........erm.......and then there was .....erm.....thingy.
 Is this the type of quality player that a competitive budget gets us? The smell of BS is getting stronger each day.
He's an attacking midfielder.

1 minute ago, Nizzy said:
11 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:
Not exactly an inspired signing is it? A striker who doesn't score goals. But Archibald has form for this. No doubt his fan club will tell us that Archibald is the man to turn round this guy's career and show him the way to goal. Just like he did with ........erm.......and then there was .....erm.....thingy.
 Is this the type of quality player that a competitive budget gets us? The smell of BS is getting stronger each day.

He's an attacking midfielder.

OS has him as a striker.

17 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

He might turn out to be crap, he might turn out to be average, he might turn out to be good, he might turn out to be brilliant but for God sake give the guy a chance at least! Let's see him in action before hanging him out to dry!

Edited by Sting777

For any Inverness fans reading - on a scale of 1 - Danny Devine, how bad are we talking? 

I’d probably have him as a 7. He’s not a striker. We played him out wide and sometimes in behind the striker.

Putting a positive spin on it, the defenders he comes up against won’t know how to handle him as he doesn’t have a clue what he’s going to do himself.

He scored a belter if a goal for us against Stirling Albion and one against Hibs both in the Scottish Cup.

He will have a few moments of brilliance that make you think he is a player but he in reality will be 95% terrible.

This was in the Premiership though so maybe this is his level (I don’t think it is)

55 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

He might turn out to be crap, he might turn out to be average, he might turn out to be good, he might turn out to be brilliant but for God sake give the guy a chance at least! Let's see him in action before hanging him out to dry!

Sorry, but sick and tired of waiting to see the guy in action before hanging him out to dry.

How's that worked out to date with these nonentities?    Anyone been impressed so far?

Sign unknown journeyman with no actual pedjgree you get shite unless it's an absolute fluke.       We've just signed shite to fill up the bench.

How's that competitive budget working out?

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Possibly replacement for Lawless?

28 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Sorry, but sick and tired of waiting to see the guy in action before hanging him out to dry.

How's that worked out to date with these nonentities?    Anyone been impressed so far?

Sign unknown journeyman with no actual pedjgree you get shite unless it's an absolute fluke.       We've just signed shite to fill up the bench.

:lol:

Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine were junior players. Fans of other clubs were laughing at us when we signed them.

Mark Roberts was a journeyman striker with a poor scoring record prior to joining us.

Give the guy a chance.

As is usually the case with our fans these days, it’s almost as if people want him to fail.

Cranial detachment.

Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine were junior players. Fans of other clubs were laughing at us when we signed them. 

Ehm...yeah, I don’t think you’ll be talking about Mutombo in the same breath as Erskine and Doolan in years to come.

Never seen Mutombo play in person, well not that I recall. But in fairness from the highlight reels.. he looks as if he’s more than willing to run at the opposition and take a man on.

(Unfortunately the last signing I watched in a highlight video was David Amoo. It made him like amazing also.)

It is Something that we have lacked recently And funnily enough something that got us the 2 goals on Saturday.

willing to give the guy a chance but I hope it doesn’t halt Fitzpatrickz progression into the team because he looks very promising.

Edited by Thistle4eva

I hope Mutombo is absolutely brilliant and scores (or creates) loads of goals for us this season.  He seems to be in the Erskine mould of being very unpredictable as he doesn't know himself what he's going to do next. I'm also glad we got someone (anyone!) in.

Given that he's been plucked from the 3rd division in Croatia well after the season has started here, and comes with dire warnings from Caley fans (who were spot on about Devine), expectations obviously have to be kept pretty low - but who knows, maybe he'll surprise the gloomier among us.

I've seen this 3rd division in Croatia stuff on here and elsewhere. Mutumbo signed for a top flight Croatian side who then had financial problems, lost their license to got chucked down a few divisions. Of all the sticks to beat him with that's not one of them. 

ETA not that the above post is using it to criticise him, just seen that happening elsewhere.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I have a good friend that is an ICT diehard and he said the boy is a player. Yogi tbf has done well in bringing solid players in his time in Inverness as many we’ve seen go on to bigger clubs.
I’m willing to see what this lad can do with a stable club and hopefully us backing him. We needed more forwards and pace is team. This boy brings that. So let’s hope he can do the job. Glad we have got him in. I think 2-3 more are needed and now English window is closed I expect some loan signings.