The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I've seen this 3rd division in Croatia stuff on here and elsewhere. Mutumbo signed for a top flight Croatian side who then had financial problems, lost their license to got chucked down a few divisions. Of all the sticks to beat him with that's not one of them. 

ETA not that the above post is using it to criticise him, just seen that happening elsewhere.

Did he definitely sign for them prior to their demotion? If so that's a fair point, although it should also be noted that he failed to find a club for quite a while after exiting Caley Thistle.  Like you said, I wasn't really using the 3rd div thing to criticise him. I'd still be (pleasantly) surprised if he makes much of an impact tho.

Nice to have something to be optimistic about having picked up 3 points against Falkirk, although a) they seem to be in even more disarray than us; and b) I wish, just for once, that we could cruise to the end of a game rather than enduring an agonising last few minutes of clinging onto a narrow win.  Not least because we usually fail to manage it.

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

Did he definitely sign for them prior to their demotion? If so that's a fair point, although it should also be noted that he failed to find a club for quite a while after exiting Caley Thistle.  Like you said, I wasn't really using the 3rd div thing to criticise him. I'd still be (pleasantly) surprised if he makes much of an impact tho.

Nice to have something to be optimistic about having picked up 3 points against Falkirk, although a) they seem to be in even more disarray than us; and b) I wish, just for once, that we could cruise to the end of a game rather than enduring an agonising last few minutes of clinging onto a narrow win.  Not least because we usually fail to manage it.

He signed for them in February, they lost their license in the summer. He still went half a season without a club until they signed him but no idea if he was injured or just couldn't find a club to take him on. 

There is no doubt we still have that Achilles heel or not being able to finish games strong. The issue is Archie seems unable to fix it. I don’t know why, but it’s a big concern that 2nd half of games we seem to dwindle minute by minute. Is it fitness? Is it mental? Both?

If it happens this year then has he learnt from last year, in fact last 5 years as it’s a trait of his management.

One thing that will help us having 2-3 stronger players, a deeper squad and a full sub bench. We were comfortable Saturday but that last 10 minutes just sits there like a fart in a warm room. We can’t get rid of it.

Very positive play on weekend and now a signing. What a time to be a jags fan [emoji57].

I'm tempted to be less than enthralled with the reputation of our latest signing. Part of me fears he's another dumpling; the rest says this is the team he's been waiting for - burdened by expectation of being broken down and tattered but with the hope it grows to become nothing of the kind. Anyhoo ...

To put a positive spin on our new arrival, he was in the Inverness team when Storey was in the best goal-scoring form of his career; whether there was any particular synergy between the two though, I don't know.

17 hours ago, PB1994 said:

...the defenders he comes up against won’t know how to handle him as he doesn’t have a clue what he’s going to do himself.

Sounds suitably Thistle to me.

18 hours ago, professor challenger said:

Sorry, but sick and tired of waiting to see the guy in action before hanging him out to dry.

Up there with my favourite quotes in this thread to date.  

I'm going to start booing around 7:02pm tomorrow just to get decently into it, if anyone is up for it?

I have a good friend that is an ICT diehard and he said the boy is a player. Yogi tbf has done well in bringing solid players in his time in Inverness as many we’ve seen go on to bigger clubs.

Your friend is a liar.
And most of Yogi’s signings for us were guff.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Is he a winger?

We had David Amoo and Declan McDaid in the Premiership so all I'm looking from AMM here is that he can trap the baw and run in a straight line.

Trapping the ball wasn't one of Mutombo's strong points.  As I wrote on the ICTFC 18-19 thread, his ball control is akin to holding a wet bar of soap in a prison shower.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Trapping the ball wasn't one of Mutombo's strong points.  As I wrote on the ICTFC 18-19 thread, his ball control is akin to holding a wet bar of soap in a prison shower.

You were just dropping it on purpose ;)

9 hours ago, the_paulo said:

Up there with my favourite quotes in this thread to date.  

I'm going to start booing around 7:02pm tomorrow just to get decently into it, if anyone is up for it?

I think that’s perfectly reasonable. Part of the reason we were so terrible last season was the players weren’t told by the fans clearly enough that shite was shite and to stop it.

Reputations are earned by demonstrated graft and talent. Those without a track record of either should be aggressively booed until they show why it should be otherwise.

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

I think that’s perfectly reasonable. Part of the reason we were so terrible last season was the players weren’t told by the fans clearly enough that shite was shite and to stop it.

Reputations are earned by demonstrated graft and talent. Those without a track record of either should be aggressively booed until they show why it should be otherwise.

Part of the reason why you are such a terrible poster is that you haven't been told clearly enough that you post shite. So in the spirit of trying to enhance your reputation and in the hope that you graft away at your posts and hopefully show some talent in the future, booooooooooo. 

3 hours ago, John MacLean said:

Part of the reason why you are such a terrible poster is that you haven't been told clearly enough that you post shite. So in the spirit of trying to enhance your reputation and in the hope that you graft away at your posts and hopefully show some talent in the future, booooooooooo. 

This feedback is very important and I will improve my #content forthwith.

Thank you for the vital work you do.