Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

On 10/22/2016 at 14:52, Gianfranco said:

I think episode 3 had more laugh out loud moments than the first two.

The bit that pissed me off a wee bit was shug telling the old women to shut it because it's a library before yapping away himself in the library.

The joke wasn't that they were yapping. They weren't. The joke was on his super-sensitive hearing, that he THINKS they are yapping away.

Beginning to worry they've agreed to give the "side" characters more of a role this time around, with Jack and Victor merely being involved in things. If so this series will be the last, as that'll be shite. 

Methadone Mick is clearly going to be in every episode fwiw, they seem to think its hilarious.

Enjoyed Navid in the pub, his rant at Jack and Victor was tremendous. Boaby, another alright character getting far too much airtime now, might've been fun in the shop but I doubt it.

The live show was dreadful, more a pantomime than the telly show. Methadone Mick and Fergie show they have run out of ideas for the main cast. Does anyone remember them claiming after series six they had loads of ideas for Jack and Victor? I would prefer that was lies then than believe this guff was what they had in mind

The live show was excellent. It played like cheesy live shows do, and it's like the cheeseball factor has carried over into the new series.

I dunno if it's down to it being in HD or what, but it just feels more cheesy and fake than it used to. Does anyone else get this feeling?

For me, despite all this, it's not quite the same but it's still the best comedy on television.

Hoping that episode was just a wee blip and it focuses on the main cast as the season wind down.

The extra characters have always done well because they've been devices to stories around the main characters. Fergie, for example, led to Jack and Victor getting pished and them having to deal with the families. They aren't strong enough to stand on their own IMO.

Feel Mick could be used well and there's been a bit of potential there but his character seems too over the top and trying too hard for me.

Next weeks show summary.

Spoiler

Jack and Victor decide to become dogsitters and enlist the help of computer-savvy Isa to register them on the Pets Home From Home' website. However, Winston's jealousy gets the better of him when he learns of Jack and Victor's canine chums and a chance encounter with Methadone Mick leads him to Gaz, keeper of exotic animals.