Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

On 3/2/2019 at 19:02, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is spot on. It’s like they’ve gone full on Andy Millman in Extras and have accepted that playing to the catchphrase-loving morons will get better ratings and more cash than something that’s genuinely funny.

Got to bear in mind that these guys made Chewin' The Fat - at least half of that show was just catchphrase after catchphrase, repeated and worn so thin it was painful.

The first episode had its moments, I suppose. I quite liked the opening few minutes but it went downhill pretty fast. The lone wolf episode was a new low. Dreadful stuff. 

The first episode had its moments, I suppose. I quite liked the opening few minutes but it went downhill pretty fast. The lone wolf episode was a new low. Dreadful stuff. 
Most annoying thing about it was that a wee guy shoplifting, and Naveed trying to bust him, then eventually helping him, theres nothing wrong with that as a storyline. But to over egg it with the lone wolf shite.... What the f**k were they thinking?

I can't bring myself to watch this anymore.

I gave up last series halfway through the episode they were playing 5s and haven't cast an eye on it since.

Dreadfully unfortunate as the first 5 series cements it as the finest sitcom ever to come out of this country. Series 6 had begun to decline a wee bit but it's completely dropped off a cliff since it's return.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
32 minutes ago, MSU said:

Most annoying thing about it was that a wee guy shoplifting, and Naveed trying to bust him, then eventually helping him, theres nothing wrong with that as a storyline. But to over egg it with the lone wolf shite.... What the f**k were they thinking?

Absolutely. A decent enough premise totally fucked. If the Lone Wolf thing didn't scream shite from the page, surely it must have when they started filming it. I find it hard to believe that two guys who clearly know how to write can't recognize such glaring problems in the script. Or maybe they just don't care anymore.

22 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The lone wolf stuff was abysmal.

Bizarre and pointless storyline, wee laddie steals sweets from Navids shop, he goes to the wee shites house and discovers his mum is skint as dad has fucked off so Navid gives said wee shite a paper round, zero laughs and pointless inclusion, almost as if they had no idea how to write a decent plot to include Navid who has had little air time so far this series so came up with this bollocks. 

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

“Ladies and gentlemen, Shug.... and two polis” still my favourite line from the show.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Think my favourite line is in oot with the Fred Astaire discussion.

“Hud on the noo the buildings on fire”

emoji23.png

"So how about we drink these cans, then we'll all have a wee chug?"  :lol:

My favourite scene was when Isa got into the lift with Jack and Victor when they were on their way to a school reunion (I think it was). Neither of them said a single word but by the time the lift got to the bottom Isa had worked out where they were going.