Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

How old are they, especially Victor, supposed to be in this? According to Wikipedia, Victor is 74 in Flittin', which was aired in 2002. 
Smoke on the Water is when he turned 75. That was series 5 (2006). So we're not to take it that they've aged a year every series. The new ones were a continuation from series 6 so it's fair to assume he's 76 I'd say.

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The lone wolf thing was just shite and cringeworthy, as was Winston again. Jack and Victor were okay though and Tam’s face brought a laugh, so that was enough for it to be considerably better than last weeks.

It's Isa

Awww

With sandwiches! 

Yay! 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, DrewDon said:
How old are they, especially Victor, supposed to be in this? According to Wikipedia, Victor is 74 in Flittin', which was aired in 2002. 

Smoke on the Water is when he turned 75. That was series 5 (2006). So we're not to take it that they've aged a year every series. The new ones were a continuation from series 6 so it's fair to assume he's 76 I'd say.

I was expecting them to mention that when answering the question about sailing.

When Isa's bra strap broke was funny. Tams face ( he looked like David Walliams ) :lol:

Better than last episode.

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

It was a lot better than last week and all of series 8 but still pretty meh.

I liked the premise of the wee boy stealing but it could've been a lot more subtle, Navid could have figured it out himself but opted to help the boy through his own kindness. Oh, and no lone wolf pish.

It had its moments but a lot of it felt like panto again and the Jack and Victor story was week.

Great to have Joe. Mainly because he reminds me of Cairds which is definitely one of the best. Watch that and a new one back to back and there's no comparison

I hear next week he will be jumping over a shark in his wee buggy.

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

It was a lot better than last week and all of series 8 but still pretty meh.

I liked the premise of the wee boy stealing but it could've been a lot more subtle, Navid could have figured it out himself but opted to help the boy through his own kindness. Oh, and no lone wolf pish.

It had its moments but a lot of it felt like panto again and the Jack and Victor story was week.

Great to have Joe. Mainly because he reminds me of Cairds which is definitely one of the best. Watch that and a new one back to back and there's no comparison

Agreed, Cairds is probably my favourite episode. "Ladies and gentlemen, Shug and two polis" :lol:

Edited by edinburgharab

I feel as tho im desperate for this to be funny and recapture its hey day which clouds my judgement on how good this actually was. I did laugh a few times and its been one of the better ones since they came back.

And no methadone Mick is always a bonus! 

So Jack has been away for a fortnight burying his cousin. Fair enough. But how come Victor's beard comes as a surprise to everybody in the pub? Has he been staying in for the last two weeks?

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That was ok better than last week got a bit ridiculous towards the end when they all started going in for their interviews.

Agree with this - hard to believe Tam would pay for Botox, and you could see Jack falling into the table a mile off. The Edith reveal was good, but could have done without the jars of warts and fluids. I’ve met Maureen Carr and so it was nice to see her again in her “natural” state - in real life she really does have a gravelly voice (though not quite at Edith levels). 

Based on the trailed it looks like Winston is diagnosed with something. Maybe they’re going to have the remaining episodes trailing his decline and death in the finale.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

I’ve met Maureen Carr and so it was nice to see her again in her “natural” state - in real life she really does have a gravelly voice (though not quite at Edith levels). 

She had a stint in River City as Scarlett's evil sister.

Enjoyed the two episodes so far more than anything last season. Still no idea why people are absolutely raging about simple things.

People moaning about Victor growing a beard in two weeks, ignoring the episode ears ago where two old blokes fall asleep in a train station for six hours without anyone waking them up.

Not sure what folk are expecting at all anymore, complaining about characters being wedged in, as if the earlier episodes were just Jack and Victor the full time. 

“Two pints, p***k” is pish. It completely ruined the “there’s yer Goldfinger” line.

Winston’s “Boabby the cat, which is a sexual offence” is identical to a joke they did years ago with “Dick the Dug.”

'Two pints, p***k' was never forced into the Boabby entrance patter in the original series, I've no idea why they feel as if it now needs to be included every time.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

'Two pints, p***k' was never forced into the Boabby entrance patter in the original series, I've no idea why they feel as if it now needs to be included every time.

Fan service. That’s what the series has been since they brought it back a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the casual fans they seem to be pandering to are the thickest, most easily amused and catchphrase-loving mouth breathers. Have a look on Twitter or Facebook Still Game pages after an episode and witness the army of misspelled paeans to Methadone Mick.

(That said, I’ve noticed that this series seems to be drawing more criticism across the board for Mick and the panto shite. However, as it’s the final series, it’s all a bit late as they’ve clearly run with the idiot collective’s mass-spunking over the shitiest parts of the last two series.)