Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Was that the episode Jamesy got completely sunburnt?? Still to this day I think about the Spanish boy on the beach selling watermelon...
"Melone, melone"
"Who you calling a bloody melon....".
Yeah.

*Jamesy hits on Mary and succeeds*

*Rab attempts the same patter with Ella to which she responds*:-

"See you Rab. You're an ugly looking b*****d!"

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Who was it that said they had a pal who thought the 5th episode was good

I assume he got it mixed up with last week's

Away, thought it was decent enough, although I never want to see a close up of Peggy's face ever again. Her face in general is repulsive but the close up had me boaking.

I was a bit worried they were going to spread the wedding thing over 2 episodes. Last 2 have been decent, sort of feel good without being greatly funny. One more like that to finish it off would be nice, can't see them ending it on a death which I thought they would do before the series started.

Did think it would turn out Winnie was lying about her past life and travels, similar to the "east of Mombasa" episode from back in the day.

Couple of cheesy bits but on the whole one of the most natural feeling episodes of recent memory and as close to the original series as it was ever likely to get. A really good episode imo. 

Winston really needed this time to shine as he has been given some unbelievably bad patter and storylines over the past 3 series. 

Any predictions for the finale? Jack or Victor death? Meena face reveal? I'm not in favour of either of those suggestions btw.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

That was not bad at all. Hoping for a good send-off. I think I'd like a load of deaths, just so they don't get tempted to keep bringing it back to milk the arse out of it like happened with Only Fools and Horses. 

Robbie Coltrane to come back driving a bus and send the lot of them over a cliff in 'The Young Ones' style.

Thought that was actually quite decent. Meena getting chucked on the ground and then asking to be helped back up actually made me laugh out loud which doesn't happen often with the recent episodes.

You do know that whatever it is Meena is actually saying it isn't what is in the subtitles!!!
According to an Asian guy at my work, every time she is speaking you will see various Indians and Pakistanis rolling on the floor pissing themselves laughing, as whatever it is she's saying is complete filth!!!

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You do know that whatever it is Meena is actually saying it isn't what is in the subtitles!!!
According to an Asian guy at my work, every time she is speaking you will see various Indians and Pakistanis rolling on the floor pissing themselves laughing, as whatever it is she's saying is complete filth!!!

Aye, like you have a job?