Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Isa's Harry story was decent, though - this charity addiction caper was pish - it just came over as so much filler material - an indication as to how far the writing has fallen, maybe.

Also, if Isa and Navid didn't have a story, I'm not convinced I would have been thinking 'where's Isa and Navid?' Navid's usually in the shop, and they could easily have had Isa in the Clansman scenes where she's often seen.

And, they managed to find a wee slot for Shug and Edith that was decent. 

I'm not having a go at you, btw - hope it doesn't seem like that. :lol:

No I realise you were criticising the episode. I was thinking about it more today when I realised that Isa and Navid were a good combination, since they were together as characters for so much through the whole series. It's just a shame the charity storyline was the best they could come up with for them. 

On 28/03/2019 at 22:35, 19QOS19 said:

Isa is a right wid in real life.

It feels wrong but it's true 

Anyway it was a pish episode especially as there were sparks of how good it used to be in the last couple before it, that said I really liked the ending and I'm glad they all went up the mountain.

Edited by pub car king

The state of that w**k fest "that's plenty" is appalling.

Des is giving everyone a blowjob before allowing them 5seconds to speak and moves on.

Watched less than 10mins and put it off.

Very surprised they never killed anyone off as a fairwell.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
The more I think about the ending, the more I think that it wasn’t just underwhelming but also lazy.

Its surely to leave the door open?

Ugh. I desperately hope not.

Ugh. I desperately hope not.
Why else leave everyones death at some undetermined point in the future. I thought they would have done something really poignant but for me it was a cop out.

Isa finding both Jack and Victor away together or something like that. Or one of them finding the other.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why else leave everyones death at some undetermined point in the future. I thought they would have done something really poignant but for me it was a cop out.

Isa finding both Jack and Victor away together or something like that. Or one of them finding the other.

Like I said, it was just lazy. They couldn't think of anything better, or couldn't be arsed to think of anything better.

Like I said, it was just lazy. They couldn't think of anything better, or couldn't be arsed to think of anything better.
Dunno about that. Surely the easiest tearjearker in comedy writing history. Hence why I suspect its deliberate to leave it open.

The ending was the best bit. Sad and poignant, but still celebrating their lives rather than emphasising their inevitable deaths. I loved all the fade out bits. And even Bobby getting to have the final word. I thought The Clansman was gonna fade out, too, either to dissappear, turn into housing or, worse, some shitey gastropub. Pleased to see it's still there in the future. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The ending was the best bit. Sad and poignant, but still celebrating their lives rather than emphasising their inevitable deaths. I loved all the fade out bits. And even Bobby getting to have the final word. I thought The Clansman was gonna fade out, too, either to dissappear, turn into housing or, worse, some shitey gastropub. Pleased to see it's still there in the future. 

If I was reading into it for some deep and meaningful I would say it was to show that there was nothing special about these people

Just normal members of a wee community. No fanfare when they went and the community went on without them. 

I would have preferred a more conventional ending though as I cant shake off what I have said above. Its to avoid finality.