Celtic Summer Activity thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He scored the exact same amount as Chris Martin who is universally classed as dugshite, I'll hold off on claiming he's a great signing.

Martin got 15 goals from 45 starts over the season, Dembele got 17 goals from 38. Hes also only 19, soon to be 20. You also just have to watch them to realise why one would be a good signing for Celtic and one wouldn't.

Martin got 15 goals from 45 starts over the season, Dembele got 17 goals from 38. Hes also only 19, soon to be 20. You also just have to watch them to realise why one would be a good signing for Celtic and one wouldn't.

Careful now. You'll be rounded on, and be accused of being 'Celtic minded'.

In the league, they both scored 15.

If Dembele is the better of the two, I'd expect him to be involved in more goals directly - such as assists. Which he's a further 4 behind universally dugshite Martin.

I, again, will not be proclaiming this a great signing yet.

In the league, they both scored 15.

If Dembele is the better of the two, I'd expect him to be involved in more goals directly - such as assists. Which he's a further 4 behind universally dugshite Martin.

I, again, will not be proclaiming this a great signing yet.

Not an exact science though. Martin played for Derby who finished in the play off positions. Dembele played for Fulham who were 1 place off relegation. You would think then that Martin must have had a better team around him which would help with his stats.

A risky signing for me, albeit ambitious. The boy is only 19 and has been a first team regular at a decent level, but has never played for a team with the expectation or pressure to win at all costs that comes with playing at a club like Celtic. That being said, considering the other sides supposedly linked with him it is a definite signal of intent from Celtic.

Still think they need a centre half and a ball winning centre mid.

Not an exact science though. Martin played for Derby who finished in the play off positions. Dembele played for Fulham who were 1 place off relegation. You would think then that Martin must have had a better team around him which would help with his stats.

Billy Mackay who got relegated with Dundee United - thanks to a Craig Wighton injury time winner - scored the exact same amount as Juanma, Hearts' top scorer in a team that finished third.

Is Billy Mackay a better player than Juanma?

Billy Mackay who got relegated with Dundee United - thanks to a Craig Wighton injury time winner - scored the exact same amount as Juanma, Hearts' top scorer in a team that finished third.

Yes. A lot better.

As I said, it's not an exact science. Hearts had a better team than Utd which makes it easier for Juanma to do his job well. I'd have taken McKay to score at least as many in that Hearts team. I'm not confident Juanma would have scored as many for that Utd team.

Can I just ask a question

Why is signing a 19 year old who played in a team who were scrapping against relegation deemed a wonder signing yet signing the player of the season from that same division who played in the team that won it ridiculed ?

Can I just ask a question

Why is signing a 19 year old who played in a team who were scrapping against relegation deemed a wonder signing yet signing the player of the season from that same division who played in the team that won it ridiculed ?

Your signing shouldn't be getting ridiculed. I'd imagine it's because the people doing that are a bit thick.

Your signing shouldn't be getting ridiculed. I'd imagine it's because the people doing that are a bit thick.

It's just have noticed a few have used the old "passed it" , "journeyman" type reference , again just questioning some posters angle on this

Definitely a good signing for 4 years. 

I think this cross-border comp rule is really helping Scottish clubs at the moment. Likes of Rossiter and Dembele coming up is massive.

Hopefully Scottish football as a whole can start moving players on for larger sums now, always see Prem teams pick up youngsters in no-mark countries for £6m+! Then we see our talented youngsters in Scotland moving down south for pennies.

Archived