Celtic Summer Activity thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deila spent the same as O'Neill?

I'd like to see this, please.

Just to be clear, I was meaning on average per season they spent the same. O'Neill spent around £45m over 5 seasons and Deila spent approx. £20m over 2 seasons. Obviously we would need to take into account inflation and salaries but as mentioned by someone else, bonuses would have been much higher back then than they are now.

Deila spent more last season than O'Neill did in his final 3 seasons combined, people seem to forget that O'Neill spent a lot of money in his first 2 seasons then wasn't backed for the next 3 seasons. Probably one of the reasons he decided to leave at the time

Figures for both seasonal averages was:

O'Neill - Transfer fee's - £8.8m, Salaries - £33.9m

Deila - Transfer fee's - approx. £10.2m, Salaries - approx. £33.0m

Im happy with the Dembele signing, decent scoring record for his age and with him already being sought after if he does well we will easily make a load of money from him in the future. The kid looks really fast with good body power.
Rumours are that Shane Duffy will be signing in next few days and that Scott Sinclair is still on the radar.
I think there is a few more players on their way out and i can see some of the younger players going out on loan as the midfield is way too big.

Been reported that Efe Ambrose heading to Leverkusen hahahaha (its in tomorrows sun).

Also, Chris Gunter is imminent plus.

Already looking like BR is doing well in the market.

Guest Asap

Commons 2 year deal and Hendo back on loan for the season being reported on twitter.

Commons is absolutely done by the way.

His first touch has always been shocking but his weight and fitness for a professional footballer is a disgrace.

Happy with the signing of Dembele.

Would like to see at least 2 more signings. A decent defender & midfielder. Given we have only splashed out £500k then we should have some decent money to spend. Esp with the sale of Wanyama bringing in cash, the extra ST's sold, the new shirts which are selling well, a new sponsorship deal, as well as a new one for the back of the shirt...& lets not forget the amount of deadwood we have shipped out which free's up wages.

German big guns Bayer Leverkusen are lining up a shock bid for Celtic defender Efe Ambrose. The Bundesliga side are preparing an offer of £1.5million for the Nigerian. (Daily Record)

Ambrose is unlikely to figure in Brendan Rodgers' long-term plans, but Celtic have a defensive crisis - Dedryck Boyata and Jozo Simunovic are injured while Charlie Mulgrew has yet to agree a new deal - ahead of the Champions League qualifiers and may not sell. (Scottish Sun)

Big Efe gets more stick than is warranted IMHO. Yes he deserves some stick but too many fans get on his back quicker & for little mistakes that they wouldn't get on other players backs for.

Efe reminds me of Samaras. Can see there is a pretty decent player in there but needs the right manager to get it out of him. Many Celtic fans have said he'd be a pretty decent midfielder as he's not bad with the ball at his feet. Surprised no Celtix manager has tried him out there!

He can be a good player but it's his concentration/mistakes that let him down that's OK for a young player to get that out his system in a season, but efe makes the same mistakes going on 4+ seasons id let him go, if we get 1.5m all the better

I think he's a decent player to come in to cover for injuries etc. That said, £1.5m is a decent bit of business if it happens so if we can get a good CB in and let Simunovic be the player to battle for the jersey if he shakes off his injuries then it's improving that area of the team.

Archived