Celtic Summer Activity thread

Can I just ask a question

Why is signing a 19 year old who played in a team who were scrapping against relegation deemed a wonder signing yet signing the player of the season from that same division who played in the team that won it ridiculed ?

Both should piss this league. Anyone who's suggesting otherwise is probably doing it for the reason that Barton comes across as a cock

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is signing a 19 year old who played in a team who were scrapping against relegation deemed a wonder signing yet signing the player of the season from that same division who played in the team that won it ridiculed ?

I don't think many people have ridiculed Rangers for signing Barton, its a very good signing. The difference is that one is at the end of his career, likely costing Rangers a lot of money with no sell on value and brings a decent amount of baggage with him. The other is a young lad starting his career, who has played at every youth level for France and was highly sought after by some big clubs, he may be costing us a lot of money but there's a good chance we could sell him on for a lot of money.

There is also the "We all hate Rangers" reason behind it as well :thumsup2

"Celtic have given me this opportunity and it all starts from here. That's why I chose Celtic because I knew if I came here I would have a winning mentality and I would try to win games week in, week out. It's different to Fulham but as a football player you always want to win and Celtic is a team which is a winner."

I don't think many people have ridiculed Rangers for signing Barton, its a very good signing. The difference is that one is at the end of his career, likely costing Rangers a lot of money with no sell on value and brings a decent amount of baggage with him. The other is a young lad starting his career, who has played at every youth level for France and was highly sought after by some big clubs, he may be costing us a lot of money but there's a good chance we could sell him on for a lot of money.

There is also the "We all hate Rangers" reason behind it as well :thumsup2

That's pretty valid, imo - the difference is that if Barton doesn't work out and get off to a good start (for whatever reason - can't settle in Scotland, starts getting niggly injuries, legs start to go) there's little to no room for improvement, while Dembele is young enough to develop even if he gets off to a slow start.

I'd be a bit furious at most concerned with Celtic (staff, players, senior management) for going through the motions over the last 4 years if I were a fan, tbh, even if they've started showing a bit of ambition now.

One is 19 and was coveted by EPL teams. The other is 34 who's career is finished.

People thinking it's that Moussa Dembélé  :lol:

Indeed.  Numerous posts flying around my timeline at the moment, one in particular I enjoyed was "cnt beleev it had to chek celtic website b4 i cld beleev it. hopefuly he dosnt get injurd at euros. well done brenden HH TAL"

The fact that he checked the website and still thought they'd signed Spurs' Dembele is just brilliant.

Indeed.  Numerous posts flying around my timeline at the moment, one in particular I enjoyed was "cnt beleev it had to chek celtic website b4 i cld beleev it. hopefuly he dosnt get injurd at euros. well done brenden HH TAL"

The fact that he checked the website and still thought they'd signed Spurs' Dembele is just brilliant.

I trust this loser was rightly ridiculed? 

Rangers' fans acting like bitches again I see? Barton is a good signing and there's no ripping. Finished or not he should still walk Scottish football that he himself has ripped many a time.

Rangers' fans acting like bitches again I see? Barton is a good signing and there's no ripping. Finished or not he should still walk Scottish football that he himself has ripped many a time.

Acting like bitches ? I asked a simple question

Only one acting like a stroppy wee lassie here is yourself

Acting like bitches ? I asked a simple question Only one acting like a stroppy wee lassie here is yourself

You clearly made up rangers being ridiculed over Barton when only a couple of people saying he's past it. Your support really have become absolute bitches.

Archived