Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Do you reckon you'll use Craig Moore much in any capacity this year?  Heard there was a good chance we could get him back, then you re-signed McDonald so fancy our chances now.

Edited by callum-ayr

Do you reckon you'll use Craig Moore much in any capacity this year? Heard there was a good chance we could get him back, then you re-signed McDonald so fancy our chances now.

Think we will. He had a great season for you guys. Would be crazy not to give him his chance.

Just watched McGhee's post-match interview. Don't know whether it was just a turn of phrase but quite telling that he describes Tait as a "replacement" for Law.

Don't know how he found time to mention players after he spent so much time greeting about pitches. Even having a pop at Dumbartons when he hasn't seen it :lol:

8 hours ago, Desp said:

I don't see why not, Busta. 

If you gave Ainsworth the free role Marvin Johnson had in that front three, along with Moult and McDonald, I think he'd excel.

I'm not one for stats, but he can't be far off 25 goals and 25 assists in those three seasons.  That's not something that should just be given away without serious thought. 

I think he has plenty to offer going forward as well, I just think McGhee doesn't think he works hard enough for him.

Baraclough as his assistant is hilarious though it'd be disappointing to see Robinson go as by all accounts he's been effective in the assistant role and has been one of the genuine positives from the Baraclough era. If he fancies a shot at management then fair enough, you'd hope there would be some sort of compensation due given he extended his deal in April unless of course there's some sort of waiver in there for a management position.

Interested to see who we'd bring in as a replacement. I can't see Craigan really wanting to step up from his u20s/N.Ireland u19s/pundit roles.

Just watched the highlights from last night.

:lol:

What the f**k is Kennedy up to at their first two goals? First in particular is textbook Kennedy, lapse of concentration followed by a rash decision. 

Cowdenbeath's third was a cracking goal mind you.  

Edited by Casagolda

It was a dreadful attempt to control the pass from Kennedy, usually McManus likes his big punt up the park from that area as well.

This weekend games will be a step up from the ones we have played this week so will really need to step it up a gear in the build up for Rangers a week on Saturday.

The Scotsman reporting Josh Law's been released for 'family reasons'. I know it's been rumoured that he'd be moving on for a while. Fair enough if that's the case and it suits all parties. Best wishes and all that.

The fact that we've not only brought in Tait but also had Laing, Kennedy, Cadden, Watt and McMillan fill in at right back at various points recently is enough to suggest that it was an area McGhee was looking to address regardless.

Edit: The Scotsman doesn't actually say he's been released, simply that he's been allowed to leave/speak to other clubs. Nothing to say that he has actually left.

Edited by capt_oats

He's already signed Nicky Law, Tom Hateley's currently on trial with Bradford and they were being linked with Erwin so who knows?

Reading Burrows' comments in the Herald it looks like Robinson to Oldham is pretty likely and from reports flying around Baraclough's lined up as assistant, I wonder if that would be an option for Ainsworth? For all Baraclough's faults (and there were many) he did manage to get some decent performances out of him at times.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

He's already signed Nicky Law, Tom Hateley's currently on trial with Bradford and they were being linked with Erwin so who knows?

Reading Burrows' comments in the Herald it looks like Robinson to Oldham is pretty likely and from reports flying around Baraclough's lined up as assistant, I wonder if that would be an option for Ainsworth? For all Baraclough's faults (and there were many) he did manage to get some decent performances out of him at times.

Was Ainsworth not the player involved in the dressing room bust up after Bara's final game? Don't know if that would potentially affect that move.

Was Ainsworth not the player involved in the dressing room bust up after Bara's final game? Don't know if that would potentially affect that move.

Yeah I seem to recall his name being mentioned. McManus certainly had a black eye. There was also suggestions that Robinson had been involved too.

Out of curiosity can anyone remember whether it was Baraclough who brought Robinson in or the club? I think I may be misinterpreting a comment from Craigan along the lines of "the best signing the club has made is Steve Robinson"

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah I seem to recall his name being mentioned. McManus certainly had a black eye. There was also suggestions that Robinson had been involved too.

Out of curiosity can anyone remember whether it was Baraclough who brought Robinson in or the club? I think I may be misinterpreting a comment from Craigan along the lines of "the best signing the club has made is Steve Robinson"

Baraclough suggested him according to:

Sky sports story about his appointment.