Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

29 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Link

Record reporting we’ve apparently made a cash offer for Lang now. 

That's interesting if we're able to get him for a knock-down price.

He signed a 3 year extension with Wigan at the start of last season: https://wiganathletic.com/news/2019/august/Callum-Lang-signs-new-Wigan-Athletic-contract/

I’ve never been to Dingwall but have said next time we have a Saturday 3pm there I’ll definitely go. Last season was Boxing Day which was off the cards, and this season it’s a Monday and a Wednesday!

They better not get relegated so I can have a chance next season.

I’ve never been to Dingwall but have said next time we have a Saturday 3pm there I’ll definitely go. Last season was Boxing Day which was off the cards, and this season it’s a Monday and a Wednesday!

They better not get relegated so I can have a chance next season.

The haggis pies are tremendous.

As much as I don’t enjoying playing another Premiership team in the cups, I’ll be hoping County away comes out the hat. Haggis pies and a trip to the Mallard take precedence over easy passage to the next round for me I’m afraid.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That's interesting if we're able to get him for a knock-down price.

He signed a 3 year extension with Wigan at the start of last season: https://wiganathletic.com/news/2019/august/Callum-Lang-signs-new-Wigan-Athletic-contract/

Yeah, you wonder how much we could actually afford to offer though? Especially in the current climate. 

I know we’ve paid a few 5 figure fees for the likes of Moult and Johnson but I can’t imagine they’d let him go for that, even if they are in admin. 

I’d have thought they’d be looking for at least six figures and I think I’d be right in saying the last time we spent that sort of money, was on Stevie Hammell over 10 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Yeah, you wonder how much we could actually afford to offer though? Especially in the current climate. 

I know we’ve paid a few 5 figure fees for the likes of Moult and Johnson but I can’t imagine they’d let him go for that, even if they are in admin. 

I’d have thought they’d be looking for at least six figures and I think I’d be right in saying the last time we spent that sort of money, was on Stevie Hammell over 10 years ago. 

I was wondering the same thing. Could they adjust the terms of the Kipre deal instead of hard cash?

I was wondering the same thing. Could they adjust the terms of the Kipre deal instead of hard cash?
I was just going to ask this exact thing. Surely if Wigan are paying for Kipre in installments then it wouldn't be the most complicated thing in the world to write-off a couple of them and call it a "transfer fee" for Lang?

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Wigan have only ever loaned him out - are they really going to be hard to deal with? Did his time at Wigan coincide with Robinson?

Oldham?

Depends which Robinson you mean. He was there at the same time as Robinson Jnr and they seem pally.

Robinson Snr didn't sign him though. It was 18/19 he was on loan with them.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, Swello said:

I was just going to ask this exact thing. Surely if Wigan are paying for Kipre in installments then it wouldn't be the most complicated thing in the world to write-off a couple of them and call it a "transfer fee" for Lang?

Tbh I was hoping Alan Burrows would be marching into the club shop at the DW and taking the cash out the tills himself.