Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Carroll and Charlie Dunne grassed for meeting in a Jake's garden in Larkhall by some burd. Two men of ethnicity and links to the Republic...

I am saying nothing in it.

I seriously doubt that skin colour and descent had anything to do with this. The lockdown has been a godsend for curtain twitching clipes who can't mind their own business and by the sounds of things this was no different.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

I seriously doubt that skin colour and descent had anything to do with this. The lockdown has been a godsend for curtain twitching clipes who can't mind their own business and by the sounds of things this was no different.

I live in Larkie and my brother lives in the same street where the alleged incident took place.

Lets just say don’t believe everything you read.

A storm in a teacup would be the best way to describe it.

17 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Carroll and Charlie Dunne grassed for meeting in a Jake's garden in Larkhall by some burd. Two men of ethnicity and links to the Republic...

I am saying nothing in it.

Spanish Republic?

Failed in 1936, comrade.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

I live in Larkie and my brother lives in the same street where the alleged incident took place.

Lets just say don’t believe everything you read.

A storm in a teacup would be the best way to describe it.

Fair comment, it certainly wouldn't be unlike media to blow things out of proportion. 

On 01/07/2020 at 17:02, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tbh if you don't want him because a deep seated ideological hatred of Rangers then absolutely fair enough, but I'm amazed there's folk who genuinely don't rate Hastie after a year of watching Seedorf and Hylton.

Hylton is definitely decent. There's at least some end product there sometimes. 

Seedorf, however...

8 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I am convinced Seedorf is going to follow in the footsteps of Donnelly and turn into a worldie this coming season.

It is going to be an interesting one.

Given the fact he's on a two year deal I think Robinson might continue to try and get a player out of him rather than looking to offload him. I'm honestly not sure we could get offers from any type of level that would interest him anyway.

He clearly has some natural abilities i.e pace but I'm still not convinced he knows how to play senior football. He still strikes me as the classic example of someone who has played far too much youth football and has been broken into the real stuff far too late. Some of his positioning for example last season would drive me mad.

There was a couple of occasions (Killie away springs to mind) where he completely chucked it too so some questions around his attitude.

As you say, you never know what could happen though. Regardless he shouldn't be a starting winger this year.

I don’t think Seedorf warrants the groans some of our fans give him from the stands.

Although I think Mugabi and Illic are brutal I never felt the need to shout anything.

Maybe the lack of fans will help Seedorf this season.

As a winger all you should be looking to do is run fast, beat a man and put a decent delivery into the box. Seedorf seems to fall over himself when he runs, he gets pushed off the ball far too easily and I can't think of him having any real end product (bar an absolute worldie at Tynecastle).

Despite the above, there's still something that makes me think there's a player in there. Ability wise, he's not Deimantas Petravicius levels of shite and I think that with some basic coaching and maybe a few sessions in the gym he could still turn out to be a decent player. This is a big season for him though - if he goes the same way as last season then the chances are he'll be out on his arse this time next year.

I'm quite happy that he's back - I think that he improves the squad and is a low risk signing.

When a shite player leaves, no-one gives a f**k but that wasn't the case with Hastie - I was frustrated that we were dicked about on contracts (and the debate at the time was around whether the club could have done more to protect our investment in him) and most of us got to say "I told you so" when he got nowhere near the first team at Rangers and ended up farmed out at the earliest opportunity.

From his point of view, he's still got a good contract at Rangers but he's definitely another cautionary tale about leaving too early and with no path to first team football. If he has a good year with us, he could win himself a decent move somewhere down south as a first team player as others have done, which I presume is the plan now that he's out the frame at Rangers...

The only thing I’m not too cool with is the recall option for Rangers in Jan. Maybe that’s normal procedure for loans of these type? I’m not sure. But to me that pretty much boils down to 6 months of him being class or 12 months of him being shite. 

I'm fine with him being back, provided he does it on the park. As I said a couple of days ago on this thread, I don't have any qualms with him looking after himself financially by signing that contract with Rangers and looking back I don't think you can apportion too much blame to Motherwell for not having him tied down, I don't think anyone could have foreseen him scoring 1 in 19 in the championship then 6 in 14 in the Premiership. 

I think it could go either way in terms of him hitting the ground running and finishing the season with a good amount of goals or he could end up just being a rotation wide option like all of them were at some point last season. Regardless of who he is, or what he's done, I'd be happier seeing his name in the lineup than Seedorfs.

Naturally there will be more pressure with him coming back, but if Robinson thinks he's the best available to us in his position, then it would be stupid not to go for him.

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The only thing I’m not too cool with is the recall option for Rangers in Jan. Maybe that’s normal procedure for loans of these type? I’m not sure. But to me that pretty much boils down to 6 months of him being class or 12 months of him being shite. 

I can't see them recalling him to use him in their first team.

Last season, he got recalled from Rotherham due to him falling out of the team, so it may be that if six months down the line we're not using him often, they recall him based on that.

You’re just a sh*te David Turnbull.

Will need to be sung from the couch.

it will be good to see if he has grown in any way or we need to get him back to where he was.

i welcome his return.

Our midfield is going to look good next season but this has still tilted me.

We are now developing a player for Rangers who they got on a pre-contract and a cut price compensation deal. They can recall him in January if he is doing any good and if that is the case will likely try to punt him down south. We will then need to scramble to find a replacement in January. This deal is weighted in one direction and it doesn't really sit well.

The Hastie thing for me was more about the manner of what happened more than anything else. He couldn't wait to f**k off at the first chance he got after being at the club from 9 year old. Some of his comments at the time didn't sit well either. We all knew what would end up happening but thats cool because he's now getting his 5k a week

I think some fans do still expect some degree of loyalty to a club who developed someone since they were a child. Unfortunately this is clearly misguided and 99% percent of footballers in 2020 are loyal only to themselves. I probably fall into this category, of hoping atleast there is still some sort of loyalty out there but clearly now all footballers for the most part are interchangeable and only chasing one thing.

The fact we will be playing beind closed doors gives him atleast a chance to start well

Edited by Luke92