Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

35 minutes ago, ropy said:

That is excellent background, I’ve never looked but do other clubs get this sort of detail?

No idea about other clubs but there was some interesting/nerdy chat from Grant Russell in the Scottish Football Marketing Podcast. Basically saying that they were going to be trying to do a bit more with YouTube. The analytics they use were showing that people were switching off after about a minute with the longer clips on Twitter etc which is why they switched to the shorter bite sized #content.

It'll be interesting to see if this becomes a more regular thing where there's a longer edit put up since they've clearly got extra footage kicking around.

Edited by capt_oats

Had a quick look on the club site and seen Charles Dunne has reclaimed the 18 jersey from White after signing his extended deal. White has been moved to 9, weirdly like Long was shifted from 12 last year. Scott Fox also confirmed as 12 for this season.

49 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

If things were normal the now I'd be buzzing for the season to start

Me too. It feels like we are in a decent shape and everything is as good as it can be and I'm very content for now - but I'm still  missing some of the close season rituals TBH. We'd normally be looking at fixtures now, looking forward to the opening day/moaning about midweek trips to Pittodrie and in recent years, we'd be not far away from friendlies (where it's traditionally decided which new signings are shite after they get 30 mins as one of 8 subs against Blyth Spartans) and the LC groups.

This year, by now we should have been working out how to get to some obscure town in the Eurasian Steppe, or Wales - instead we'll get a one-legger that we probably can't go to.

What i am hopeful for is a good run in the Europa League. We have a great squad as well as a few more advantages than we would have previously:

1. Our season will be at least 3-4 games in before our first match. Much better than just starting with the European match and end up getting pumped out (Looking at the Stjarnan games...).
  2. 1 legged matches could be in our favour. Less risk of just waiting it out. Games should be played as a cup final each. 4 Cup finals and we get into the group stage.

I have a much better feeling for this season compared to previous seasons (even last season!).

There was someone mentioned in another thread that we hadn't had an update re: ST sales recently.

I noticed this in Burrows' mentions when I was looking for a link to that GR marketing pod.

For context, there's a tweet in the spoiler from the man himself with numbers from 18/19 and 19/20.

Spoiler

If you're giving the club the benefit of the doubt and we did hit 4.5k we should be sitting just over 3.5k at the moment.

I had a root around Twitter for previous numbers but as you'd expect most of the updates are enthusiastic "healthy growth" type things. They're not going to come out and say "sorry lads we've sold f**k all" but it's interesting see how our numbers compare now.

Here are sales quoted from 2011:

"For the second successive season, Motherwell FC are delighted to announce another healthy increase in Season Ticket numbers.

The club recorded a fantastic 13% growth in 2010-2011 and, once again, figures this year (2011-12) show another 10% like-for-like increase on the previous season.

The figures justify some of the fantastic initiatives centred around families and youngsters with the Cooper Stand offer and the WELLevate deal in the East and O’Donnell Stands proving extremely popular.

"It’s not rocket science; we know we have to get more families and youngsters through the gate to ensure the long term stability and growth of our football club."

These long-term polices have seen the club increase season ticket holders from 2650 in 2009-10 to 3,500 this year although it has come with a £10,000 drop in revenue as fans take up the free kids offer.

Link

Edited by capt_oats

42 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There was someone mentioned in another thread that we hadn't had an update re: ST sales recently.

I noticed this in Burrows' mentions when I was looking for a link to that GR marketing pod.

For context, there's a tweet in the spoiler from the man himself with numbers from 18/19 and 19/20.

Reveal hidden contents

If you're giving the club the benefit of the doubt and we did hit 4.5k we should be sitting just over 3.5k at the moment.

I had a root around Twitter for previous numbers but as you'd expect most of the updates are enthusiastic "healthy growth" type things. They're not going to come out and say "sorry lads we've sold f**k all" but it's interesting see how our numbers compare now.

Here are sales quoted from 2011:

Given how tough it is just now for a lot of people it’s great to see so many tickets sold, many other clubs must be well down on their numbers.

What’s the opinions on Hastie coming back on loan then as it seems we are in talks. I’m sure he’ll spilt opinions 50/50, can’t grudge others taking a better job for more money but of course there’s a sour taste with the way he left us.

8 minutes ago, supermarv said:

What’s the opinions on Hastie coming back on loan then as it seems we are in talks. I’m sure he’ll spilt opinions 50/50, can’t grudge others taking a better job for more money but of course there’s a sour taste with the way he left us.

I was waiting on the ITK guys mentioning this.

I'd rather not, especially not on loan. If he was being released or something I'd grudgingly accept it.

Did Robinson not do an interview fairly recently where he admitted that while he was a big fan of Hastie, got on well with him and would have happily kept playing him he fully dropped him from those games at the end of the season because of the grief he was getting?

Actually, here it is "it was very difficult to play him after that situation":

Good luck if he thinks there's been any change on that score.

Edited by capt_oats

Can understand why it might leave a bad taste in the mouth for some but I'd happily have him back. He's an absolutely smashing player IMO and exactly the sort of winger I love watching. 

The "not wanting to develop Rangers players" arguments never really held much water with me tbh, to the extent that we're actually directly competing with Rangers I don't see how having somebody like Hastie playing 38 games for us is benefiting Rangers to our detriment.