Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:
Despite my misgivings over Frear latterly, he was massive in us staying up the season he arrived, Gboly was amazing fun, Nadir occasionally stood out wide...

Gboly was great to watch but I don't remember him actually producing very much.

1 goal at Parkhead is enough.

Mad to wonder where we would be if he hadn't set up Moult for the winner against Accies on the Saturday, then scored one and got two assists (I assume he must have won the free-kick Lionel scored) against Killie on the Wednesday.
Disappointing he never built on that, but he made some contribution in those few months.

Lionel’s free kick that day doesn’t get enough attention. Swerve for days.

This is the part that a lot folk miss with the "end product" chat. I loved watching him skinning people (sometimes twice), even when it didn't really lead to anything and Gboly is one of the best dribblers (is that still a thing?) I've ever seen at the club.
Don't get me wrong, I love all the exciting wing play and there's nothing that gets me buzzing like having someone absolutely tearing at an opposing defence. I'd just like to, you know, stay up.

I'm absolutely loath to move away from the Lionel love in, but there's Liam Kelly joined on loan until the end of the season. 

Should be a decent pick up. Did well for Livi and initially got a decent run in the QPR team, and he's not Aaron Chapman so there's that too.