Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Swello said:

Love that concept. 

Before the game: You're a finely honed athlete; Train hard, live well, look after yourself

After the game: Here's a Large Butter Chicken, A Keema Naan, 6 bottles of Kingfisher to wash it down and we've stuck a couple of Bhajis in as you're a good customer

Pretty sure the Livi team get a Dominos pizza each they need to eat in full after every game. Something about eating loads after exercise that someone smarter than me would be able to explain.

Can't imagine you'd enjoy celebrating being MOTM by shiting out a curry for a night, though.

Edited by LiviLion

I doubt it'll be a large meat feast from Domino's, but aye I believe loading the carbs straight after the game can assist with the recovery process. 

There was a cracking article on The Athletic a while back about how Wolves dealt with recoveries when they were playing Thursday in Europe away from home and had a Sunday game in the league. The detail that went into it all was crazy. 

32 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure the Livi team get a Dominos pizza each they need to eat in full after every game. Something about eating loads after exercise that someone smarter than me would be able to explain.

Can't imagine you'd enjoy celebrating being MOTM by shiting out a curry for a night, though.

Sounds like money laundering to me 

11 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Tony Macaroni will be fuming about that.

The Livi team (when not in lockdown) go to the Toni Macaroni in Motherwell afore they play us for lunch. I was twaggin past one day when they stopped their bus and all went in. It was odd to see. 

Aye very common, worked in Dominos years back and we had Hibs at home for a friendly and they called for a massive order of pizzas for the team bus for the way home.

Was also a meltdown on the Falkirk thread a few years back when Scott Shepherd posted a pic of his dinner after a game which was Steak Pie. 

58 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, this is pretty common, tbh. It's something like up to an hour post-match you can, and should, eat as much as you can. Some good stories of NFL teams having guys literally wrestling food out of player's hands when the times up.

Sports science now compared to 30 years ago is wild. If you watch "A Sunday in Hell" about Paris-Roubaix 1976 all the riders are up at the crack of dawn tanning like 3 rib eye steaks and a mountain of eggs as that was the done thing. Even after bike races now the first thing riders get when they cross the finish line is generally like a can of coke and a mars bar.

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Well rumours about that a defender is away having a scan!!!!

He is. Also trying to renegotiate the contract to discard the extension. Sounds harsh as he’s the captain and probably one of the best players at our club. But nobody is bigger than the club, I wouldn’t play him again and cost him his euros place.

9 minutes ago, supermarv said:

He is. Also trying to renegotiate the contract to discard the extension. Sounds harsh as he’s the captain and probably one of the best players at our club. But nobody is bigger than the club, I wouldn’t play him again and cost him his euros place.

Eh? Surely playing him guarantees you cash with the extension. You also get decent money if you have a player at the euros.

Well whatever is going on we could have done without him missing any games. 

I hope Busta is correct as we could do without any unnecessary drama with our captain.

If there is any then I hope we will no doubt stand firm . Not our fault if no one is prepared make a decent offer for his services whilst he is under contract. 

53 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Well whatever is going on we could have done without him missing any games. 

I hope Busta is correct as we could do without any unnecessary drama with our captain.

If there is any then I hope we will no doubt stand firm . Not our fault if no one is prepared make a decent offer for his services whilst he is under contract. 

That what I find strange unless someone has come in for him but the club brought in 2 players that play his position, probably half expecting him to leave, ultimately the move doesn’t happen. But how hard can it be for a club captain to hang on 6 months to have some respect for a club that has essentially gave him the platform, disappointed but if that’s how he wants to do let him but don’t play him.

This is all pure speculation from the fans part, few folk have obviously heard different things. If he is getting a scan then that's fine, very coincidental considering he has barely missed a game for us in 1.5 seasons and is missing the day his extension is set to be triggered. Would expect better from the captain if this is all true.