Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

We dodged a bullet there then - well done Baz.

Also - a Japanese attacker that's enjoying summer in Australia pitching up in ML1 in the middle of winter - he must really want to be here.

Agreed on all accounts.

The summer Japanese boy sounds like he could have fit in with our cowardly shi*bags we have at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wonder if this is an example where a wee word from someone in the club into Scott Burns' ear can take some pressure off....

Aye, it's not just a two word spiel, sounds as though we are trying to sort out a work permit which maybe suggests it's further along.

anyway, Tom Aldred is also at Brisbane Roar, maybe put a good word in...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Interesting.

Yeah, it's nice strip, like it a lot. With Japanese TV focusing on our game due to Celtic (now Hertz) maybe fringe guys are hoping to piggyback off it back home.

I'm loathe to watch showreels, ever since Estaban had one where he looked like a baller.

59 minutes ago, dezz said:

Haha that's wild.

Can only assume they've credited him with assists for a couple of Nesbit's goals given his key involvement. 

Tbh, it's not that much of a surprise given how WhoScored works. Bear in mind they had Shane Duffy in their team of the week a while back despite him objectively having a general nightmare but his performance caught in their weird algorithms.

I noticed that a few of our more maligned players show up quite well in terms of #data. For example Scott Burns RT'd this thread the other day and Spittal (for example) is well placed in the 'dangerous passes' graph....

FmCnkb3XoAEJctI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

11 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah, it's nice strip, like it a lot. With Japanese TV focusing on our game due to Celtic (now Hertz) maybe fringe guys are hoping to piggyback off it back home.

I'm loathe to watch showreels, ever since Estaban had one where he looked like a baller.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I had to look.

The bold yin, at the age of 36,  is still (somehow) eeking a living out of the game in the Belgian 2nd division. Remarkable.

Screenshot_20230111-171840_Chrome.jpg.59004c851037c071344814a7aac0a83c.jpg

Given he’s out of contract at the end of this month with his parent club, I take this is essentially a pre-contract? 

Given he’s on loan to Brisbane Roar till the end of January and played in their match yesterday, I wonder if we have to wait till February to bring him in. Or if Brisbane Roar let him go a few weeks early.