Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

29 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Re Obika. I ain't redrawing history by suggesting he is was Drogbaesque but I do have a chilling memory of him ragdolling our defence at FP. I think it was the cup tie that went to pens.

Appreciate it is 2 or 3 years on and his scoring record of late is unremarkable but Obika may prove to be a very good option up front and quite different to the other forwards.

Or am I straw clutching?

I have a similar memory, maybe not as strong as ragdolling but enough that that Obika/tequila song was ingrained in my head for days (so he must have been playing well enough for the song to be oot) 

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Will Tierney find a place on the park with all these incomers? 

I don’t think so. He is good at turning defenders but is bad for retaining possession at the top and of the pitch. I’m thinking that our Japanese boy will be in front of him in the pecking order.

14 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I remember thinking that the St Mirren fans' Obika song was one of my favourite ever football chants. Sadly I can't remember how it goes 😔

Aye, if someone to post the words to that chant, it would help 

2 hours ago, Al B said:

If our goals for column was as healthy as it should be then I genuinely don't think the goals against column would be concerning anyone.

Our goal difference stats are a bit mental when compared to our league position - 

Joint 6th GF and 6th GA yet sitting 10th.

Killie’s GD is 15 (yes, fifteen) goals worse off (-22 to our -7) and we have the same points.

Livi’s GD is one better than us (-6) and they’re 12 points ahead in 4th. We’ve scored two more than them. 

200.gif

Edited by CoF

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Even if we announce a centre half today there's no way we're putting him in the team tonight without a training session so it's still Lamie and Blaney tonight. With no options on the bench so let's hope neither gets injured or sent off.

Unless he's in the building already - in which case, there would be no harm having him on the bench

4 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

This window reeks of the Titanic’s band playing.

It does seem like we are just grabbing the low hanging fruit in pure desperation that SOMETHING works. Was hoping for a half decent signing everyone could get behind and would rally us but I guess not. 

I wish I had been wrong but I knew from the moment that SH was appointed that this was going to go bad. Stevie broke into the team around the same time as I started going to games, so I would love nothing more than for him to succeed but hes just not the man for the job. That said, this transfer window, and the last several to boot tell me there is something not quite right going on in the background within either the scouting system or during contact negotiations. It quite mental when you look at St Mirren, who are essentially playing a team of our castoffs, including the manager are miles ahead of us, both in points but also in footballing standards. f**k me I would kill for Charles Dunne and Dec the Dickhead as our CB's right about now. Even Tait is miles above any RB we have had since him and we let him walk, to St Mirren. Somethings gone Pete Tong at the club and it started long before Stevie or this season. 

16 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Why is the text on your badge anticlockwise?

Honestly never noticed this before but since you pointed it out it’s been bothering me all day. St Mirren badge needs a trigger warning.