Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Cloontang said:

I know it looks like World War One footage but I never noticed that before that he just trudged back up the park after it nestles in the net. Nevertheless hope he enjoyed it.

I get that it is from a different angle from where i was sitting (in the east) but i would have sworn that Britton was in the 6 yard box just waiting on a tap in.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Lasley leaving seems a bit weird in hindsight now? I'm not suggesting he should have just hung about indefinitely waiting for Burrows to leave but you'd think there'd have been some sort of conversation about a possible timeframe/succession plan.

Yes and no I guess.

I suppose if you rewind back OTD a year ago we're sitting 5th in the league on the same points as United in 4th, a point ahead of St Mirren in 6th, had just tied Grezza and Lucketti up until 2025 and have just announced record turnover and a profit of £3.5m

Given the extent to which it seems like the club has been driven by Flow you'd have thought it would be prudent to at least have some sort of broad plan for succession and what it would look like. I'd imagine the ideal would have been the long goodbye @Swello mentioned a couple of pages back rather than the relative chaos and existential crisis we seem to have manufactured for ourselves just now.

In Lasley's case, at the time he got the St Mirren offer, I can't imagine it'd have looked like Burrows was going anywhere at any time soon and his other option was to stick around as Alexander's 2nd assistant.

Interestingly (or not) here's the statement that accompanied Dempster's exit (announced the same day as Hibs btw). Burrows was confirmed as replacement on Friday 2nd May - 3 days later.

Screenshot2023-02-10at16_38_26.thumb.png.8848f08cf37b36e3806ad2d85ba25d6d.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Big John Handsome said:

I'm assuming tomorrow will be similar to Arbroath in that there won't be anywhere to stream the game? Mrs is away for the weekend so having to give it a miss looking after the dug. 

It's on the Raith site which you can't buy a day pass for. I'm hoping they'll pass it on to mfctv for those abroad but I think anyone in the UK is left with a dodgy stream.

An old guy I know who's been involved as President of a local WOSL club for the past 50 years and seen around 30 odd managers come and go in his time was once asked what was the first thing he did after he appointed a new manager.

His answer was start looking around for a better one.

There's a moral there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

An old guy I know who's been involved as President of a local WOSL club for the past 50 years and seen around 30 odd managers come and go in his time was once asked what was the first thing he did after he appointed a new manager.

His answer was start looking around for a better one.

There's a moral there somewhere.

Yes that he's shit at his job as President and needs to hand it over to someone else 😂

Edited by Antiochas III

I'm hoping, although not expectibg much that our next CEO couldn't give a f**k about Motherwell FC and actually runs us as a business.  Granted he might actually need to do CEO things like taking the blame when he makes 4 out of 5 poor managerial choices (CEO not the Board btw, it's one of the "benefits" of the title)

4 hours ago, supermarv said:

Everything looking towards a tasty cup tie and in Motherwell style. Supposedly as many as 12 out tomorrow… most likely that’ll change by tomorrow but lamie and mcginn are 2 of them.

In fairness based on the players who have missed games recently it's not difficult to name close to 12 who could be out: Carroll, Mugabi, McGinley, Efford, Morris are 5 long term injured. Add your McGinn and Lamie plus Miller, Blaney, Mandron that's another 5 to hit 10.

Feels like I'm consistently taking digs at Hammell atm but watching his pre-match just there and that's a tough listen. Delighted to hear that we'll be "as prepared as we can be" though.

Couldn't help but notice that there was a solid shifting of responsibility from him to the players re: our form.

Nice to hear that our training is good though.

I mean, "the information and the quality training and coaching they get during the week and the plans in place for the games is there. It's then them translating and lifting that, lifting their performance levels to a level that will get us over the line" feels pretty fucking pointed given the general discourse this week. :lol:

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness based on the players who have missed games recently it's not difficult to name close to 12 who could be out: Carroll, Mugabi, McGinley, Efford, Morris are 5 long term injured. Add your McGinn and Lamie plus Miller, Blaney, Mandron that's another 5 to hit 10.

Feels like I'm consistently taking digs at Hammell atm but watching his pre-match just there and that's a tough listen. Delighted to hear that we'll be "as prepared as we can be" though.

Couldn't help but notice that there was a solid shifting of responsibility from him to the players reL our form.

Nice too hear that our training is good though.

I mean, "the information and the quality training and coaching they get during the week and the plans in place for the games is there. It's then them translating and lifting that, lifting their performance levels to a level that will get us over the line" feels pretty fucking pointed given the general discourse this week. :lol:

In fairness, what's he meant to say in public? 

Bit out of ideas guys, tried everything with this lot, and to be honest I've not got the confidence of at least 3 of the senior players. But to be brutal I'd rather be shot of the useless wanks anyway as they are not good enough no matter what I ask them to do. I love Sean Goss and if anyone mentions getting some experienced help in they can f**k right off.

Would get the YouTube views up anyway.

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

In fairness, what's he meant to say in public? 

Bit out of ideas guys, tried everything with this lot, and to be honest I've not got the confidence of at least 3 of the senior players. But to be brutal I'd rather be shot of the useless wanks anyway as they are not good enough no matter what I ask them to do. I love Sean Goss and if anyone mentions getting some experienced help in they can f**k right off.

Would get the YouTube views up anyway.

:lol:

Quite.

Amusing to imagine his face when someone from the media team has *quiet voice* said "have you seen the post on Pie and Bovril?"

As long as it done in that font the Bois like to use. I think it's called Merry Street Underpass Graffiti Serif.

Personally I favour "Ricki Lamie is a mad hermaphrodite" or "You c***s suck more than Sean Goss eating his dinner"

Edited by Kapowzer

A complete aside from our current and most pressing woes. Our finances are fine, relatively speaking. We have a couple of mill in the bank, probably as much as we ever have, and will never, ever get much better. 

I've just seen that Celtic have posted profits of £33.9M. These c***s bleat about financial disparity when they're getting pumped in Europe, but take great glory in riding wee teams like us senseless every time we meet, despite the gulf being far more between us than it is when they're being humiliated yet again by some average Spanish or German mob. So wish both of the cheeks would f**k off.

Anyway, going to the game tomorrow, where I'm pretty confident it will be hard to tell which side it is with the healthier bank balance and supposed better 'plers'. It's an away day though, so I suppose there's always copious amounts of booze to numb the pain of another insipid showing.