Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So the closing date is 24th Feb. Burrows takes over at Aberdeen on 28th.

We announced Burrows was stepping down on 12th January - although we presumably knew about his intention before that.

Dunno, doesn't quite square with our statement on Thursday of: "The board had already commissioned a recruitment agent to lead on the identification of a suitable replacement, and we intend to conclude that process as soon as possible."

We conclude the application process in 15 days that's before we even interview and as @stu92 says there's a chance the successful applicant needs to serve notice?

Aye, you don't need to be fucking Poirot to point out some questions here.

Of course perhaps there's a logical explanation but as we often say perception counts for a lot in dealing with football fans and right now deary me.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

So the closing date is 24th Feb. Burrows takes over at Aberdeen on 28th.

We announced Burrows was stepping down on 12th January - although we presumably knew about his intention before that.

Dunno, doesn't quite square with our statement on Thursday of: "The board had already commissioned a recruitment agent to lead on the identification of a suitable replacement, and we intend to conclude that process as soon as possible."

We conclude the application process in 15 days that's before we even interview and as @stu92 says there's a chance the successful applicant needs to serve notice?

The recruiter would have sounded people out directly, on top of the job posting. Regardless, it was always going to be a long process for this kind of role. I'd rather we took our time on this and made sure we got the right person. The business plan and all that stuff is already in place for the current heads of dept to work to, and we have enough experience around to keep things running. 

10 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

The recruiter would have sounded people out directly, on top of the job posting. Regardless, it was always going to be a long process for this kind of role. I'd rather we took our time on this and made sure we got the right person. The business plan and all that stuff is already in place for the current heads of dept to work to, and we have enough experience around to keep things running. 

This reads differently… in terms of how long the recruiter has been involved. 

19 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Aye I think that's likely true and also points to the right candidate not being immediately apparent/available.