Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

36 minutes ago, Swello said:

From my East Stand view - it looked like he kicked Spittal pretty blatantly when they were both on the ground - doubt we'll see a replay though, so who knows.

From my side (the opposite) it looked more like their legs were tangled and the boy was trying to get his free.

Clancy was about 2 yards away so he must have thought he kicked out deliberately and dished out the red.

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Aye when he rolled over the audible ‘ooooooooh’ from the end of the east / cooper would have told anyone out of sight it looked a bad one. 

Big shout out to the man in the east who shouted to Slattery to f**k off when he lost possession just before he won it back and slotted home to then turn round to celebrate right infront of him, hope he’s enjoying his night. 

Sat right in front of me. To be fair he laughed it off as he knew he made an ass of himself. 

What the f**k was Clancy playing at. Useless tool. 10 substitutes and numerous injuries and decides to call time up right on 90 minutes. Because we won and are seeded I doubt anything will happen. But it should. Probably should have been circa 5-8 minutes ET. Genuinely how does a referee decide I have had enough time to go home. Arrogant twat.

We won, we are seeded. Job done. Look forward to drawing a premier league side away. Probably Ross County. Was ever thus. 

Casey was like his best from last season. Davor is a midget and seemed OK on the ball. But to be fair we were winning comfortably against a league two side when he came on. Harry Paton did very little to make me think he would be any better than back up. 

Good to be back at Fir Park. Despite obvious weaknesses in the team we are not St Johnstone or United etc. 

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What the f**k was Clancy playing at. Useless tool. 10 substitutes and numerous injuries and decides to call time up right on 90 minutes. Because we won and are seeded I doubt anything will happen. But it should. Probably should have been circa 5-8 minutes ET. Genuinely how does a referee decide I have had enough time to go home. Arrogant twat.

I can't remember the last game with no injury time at all but we'll be begging for this when VAR kicks in again next week  - it was nice to see a game without it.

4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Big shout out to the man in the east who shouted to Slattery to f**k off when he lost possession just before he won it back and slotted home to then turn round to celebrate right infront of him, hope he’s enjoying his night. 

Guy behind me at the other end of the East/JH said to his missus "Ugh, Slattery again... He's not having the best game today". Revenge may be best served cold but humble pie was piping hot today.

Didn't entirely see the Page incident but it looked to me like he'd stood on Spittal's fingers. He lifted his leg and then Blair raised his hand and gave his fingers a wiggle so I thought he'd stamped down rather than kick out.

Edited by AnderooMFC

1 hour ago, santheman said:

From my side (the opposite) it looked more like their legs were tangled and the boy was trying to get his free.

Clancy was about 2 yards away so he must have thought he kicked out deliberately and dished out the red.

Definitely red. Page kicked out and clocked him. Idiotic.

Clancy had his back half to it and had followed the ball, but for whatever reason I was still watching them on the ground and 99% sure it was the linesman who gave it.

Edited by eliphas

Wikipedia has Davor as 5'9". Sorry, no chance. Is that with his heels on?

Not that height necessarily makes a difference but there wasn't enough to go on today to express an opinion on him. Our lack of options to change to a more attacking style stood out though. Not even another youngster after Ferrie came on.

On the subject of Davor, I've seen a few folk call him Dave or Davie, like it's funny. Davor is the easiest part of his name, what's the fucking deal there? 😄

It's great to see the buzz about Lennon Miller already, especially when we know we have him for another season after this one. I wouldn't be surprised if we work on extending that soon.

Apparently kettlewell confirmed we'd been talking to the killer B's about bringing them in, but no deal had been done yet. Hopefully they don't look at our further depleted strike force and add a few more quid to their demands.

11 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Ha! That’s fair enough.  My issue is more Moult was passed up on (allegedly) due to his injury record which I kinda get, but we’ve signed Wilkinson, Obika, Saore and Effford had his contract extended who all have an injury littered recent history and low and behold 2 of them are now injured. 

I do think, given the severity of Moult's issues over the past few years - since 2018 he's barely played - there's distinction. Based on who we can afford to bring in, and recent comments about us targeting players who have underperformed elsewhere to try and get 'value' in a difficult market, risk will always be a factor, but the risk on Moult seems a lot higher than any of the others you mentioned.

I get your larger point, and I really hope Moult overcomes his issues, genuinely, but I'd be shocked if Obika doesn't end up playing a lot more football than Moult this season.

Edited by For Your Pies Only

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Keep sending us your unwanted, unloved, useless big diddies. 😄 Aye, it was Forfar. I know. 😁

0488AF2C-2A7D-4874-A15C-67C1D5878C3C.jpeg

Fair play to the big man. 66.6% of his goals for us were against lower league teams too.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Fair play to the big man. 66.6% of his goals for us were against lower league teams too.

Fingers crossed he can chip in with around 8-10 league goals. That’s all we ask.  Even if he does run around like an octopus thrown out of a high rise. So far, three goals and has seen us top our LC group following a first-game loss to Montrose. If we get a draw out the hat today that earns us a bit, or even better, sees us progress to the last eight, Mandron will have earned his keep for the season by LC goals only. Not too bad for our investment. 😎

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fingers crossed he can chip in with around 8-10 league goals. That’s all we ask.  Even if he does run around like an octopus thrown out of a high rise. So far, three goals and has seen us top our LC group following a first-game loss to Montrose. If we get a draw out the hat today that earns us a bit, or even better, sees us progress to the last eight, Mandron will have earned his keep for the season by LC goals only. Not too bad for our investment. 😎

I bet he smiled through the whole game 

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Even if he does run around like an octopus thrown out of a high rise. 

Thats the best description of Mandron Ive seen! 

He will undoubtedly "do a job" but it wont look pretty.

We werent in a position to keep him and Obika. Injury record apart, I still think we have the better player.

7 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Thats the best description of Mandron Ive seen! 

He will undoubtedly "do a job" but it wont look pretty.

We werent in a position to keep him and Obika. Injury record apart, I still think we have the better player.

I read someone else use that phrase somewhere, so I’m not claiming the credit for it. 😁